PDA

View Full Version : Got to do some casting.

moptop
01-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Well the weather was nice enough this week to allow me to do a little reclaiming and much needed casting. We have a boolit trap that my brother and I do all of our pistol shooting into so I was able to retrive about a half of a 5lb buckets worth within a few minutes work. Since 90% of that where whole boolits I previously cast out of WW's all I had to do was just throw them in the pot, flux'em, and start casting. We were out of the Lee 230 gr .45RN tumble lube's that we shoot so I that's what I worked on. I figure I cast close to 500 boolits, enough to keep us going for a while. (didn't count them!)

It was nice getting outside for a bit and enjoy the unusually warm temps here in central MO. I know somewhere before spring gets here we'll probably pay for it but I'll still take all of the warmth I can get right now.

TheDoctor
01-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Today was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, I did not get to do any casting. Was busy repairing a pellet stove. Last weekend was nice, except for the 40 MPH wind! Hopefully tomorrow will be a ok. Been here in the Ft. Leonard Wood area since mid Oct, and today was probably the best day I've seen so far for working with lead. Just have to go get me a folding bench I can put my lead pot on.

williamwaco
01-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Well the weather was nice enough this week to allow me to do a little reclaiming and much needed casting.
It was nice getting outside for a bit and enjoy the unusually warm temps here in central MO. I know somewhere before spring gets here we'll probably pay for it but I'll still take all of the warmth I can get right now.

Ditto in Dallas.

I cast Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. About 65 degrees and sunny. Great casting weather.

palmettosunshine
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Great casting day here on the SC coast. 68 and sunny.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/palmettosunshine/Bullets003.jpg