PDA

View Full Version : one of them lube questions

Beekeeper
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I am trying to get my 577 snider to shoot .
I am trying some Lee mini balls!
Never used them before and am having a problem getting lube to stick in the shallow lube(?) grooves.
Is there even supposed to be lube in them.?
It is a pan lube job and I have been doing pan lube for a long time but the grooves are so shallow and (V) shaped so very little lube stays in the grooves.

Checked search for about 1 hour and found nothing (not searches fault just my lousy computer skills) so any help would be appreciated!

beekeeper

randyrat
01-07-2012, 05:06 PM
warm your bullets a little at about 125-145 degs before you pour the lube in the pan and the lube will stick better. OR make your lube stickier using a natural "stick" like Lanolin or Grease of some sort.
One other way is to dip your bullets. You also need to warm the bullets before dipping.

geargnasher
01-08-2012, 12:27 AM
+1 on dip-lubing. Sometimes, dipping cold boolits just to the top of the top lube groove will give the whole boolit a thick coating of lube and you can push-through size them to wipe off the excess. Ever make candles by dipping? Same idea. You can control the thickness of the lube coat by the temperature of the boolits when you dip them.

Gear