PDA

View Full Version : Johnson's paste wax

harley45
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I saw a thread on coating boolits with this stuff before lubing and sizing some folks feel it aids in feeding and cleaning, Has anyone here ever tried it and what were your results?
Thanks

Leftoverdj
06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
I use Johnson's for most of what I do with plain base bullets. Haven't ventured into GC velocities. Seems to work as well as anything with a lot less mess. I apply it after sizing.

Junior1942
06-23-2005, 07:56 AM
I use my homemade beeswax-based "Junior Lube" for neck sizing cases. I wipe a finger over the lube, then wipe it around the neck. It leaves a very slight trace of lube on the neck.

tall grass
06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
harley45

I've been using the J-wax on low velosity rifle loads, 45-70 and 357mag. I don't have my notes in front of me but the leading starts just below 1400f/s as I recall. My 45-70 marlin (1895ss) looks like they hogged out the bore with a dull bit and before I polished it out with some flitz and some emory on a jag it would lead with liq-alox before the J-wax. I just tumble lube them in a mayo jar that has been set in the sun or run under hot water to melt the J-wax and let them dry. These are real nice to handle. J-wax is mostly carnuba wax isn't it?

I don't know about the prelube treatment with J-wax though.

Jim