PDA

View Full Version : .32s anyone?

ebner glocken
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Bought a companion for my hand ejector yesterday. So another set of dies comming soon. Anyone have much experience with the tauri 327. Had a 357 in the same platform and was less than impressed. This one was too cheap to turn away from.

Ebner

lbaize3
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a stainless Taurus 327. It was rough when I got it, but it is so close to the S&W inside that it took little time to improve the action. I have used maximum loads of AA#9 powder pushing the NOE 115 grain RNFP gas checked hollow point. I handles the load well and is as accurate as I can hold it at close range.

I prefer the 115 grain cast boolits in my 327 over the less than 100 grain jacketed bullets that are also sold in Federal's ammo. It certainly recoils more, but based on how it messes up gallon jugs of water, the 115 grain lead boolits are my choice for serious social intercourse.

I also have the 8 shot Ruger Blackhawk. Now that is a great pistol. Ordered 1000 primed cases from Freedom Arms last year and have reloaded most of them at least one more time since then. I really like shooting my 32 caliber guns.... 32 H&R, 327 Fed, and 32-20, with a smattering of 32 S&W and 32 ACP thrown in...

Guesser
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I also have a Taurus 327, Model 327B2. I load Lyman 311316 sized .313 over heavy charges and find that it prefers the heavy boolit. 2" barrel and very effective, easy to use and sufficiently accurate to be a threat. Good gun!!

KYCaster
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Ebner, is your hand ejector a Regulation Police model with square butt grips on a round butt frame?

I've been trying to find someone to appraise mine, but so far I've only found one serious S&W collector who was able to identify it and he didn't want to be bothered...he already had one in 98% condition and I was taking up too much of his time.

I've seen two others for sale; both tagged as hand ejectors; both in worse condition than mine and both priced substantially higher than mine.

I found plenty of info on the S&W forum, but of course they can't appraise it if they don't have it in hand.

Mine has a very nice single action pull, but double action is quite a bit heavier than other vintage Smith's I've handled. I suspect it just needs a thorough cleaning, but I hesitate to take it apart until I'm sure it doesn't have any significant collector value.

It shoots very well with the NOE 98 gr. SWC.

My next handgun purchase will be a 327. I'm kind of leaning toward the Charter Arms, but I haven't had my hands on a Tarus yet.

Nice looking guns you have there.

Jerry

ebner glocken
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry, this one has a square butt and square butt grips. The S/N and roll stamping on the bbl put it prior to 1919 (32 WCF not 32-20). I'm not sure the exact date but it was bought well within a comfort zone.

The revolver you mentioned here is quite a find in 98%. I can't tell you a number off the top of my head but I'm sure GLL will chime in here soon.

Ebner