PDA

View Full Version : Ruger M77s and No1s, detachjable rings?

Four Fingers of Death
01-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Is there a detachable mount available for the Ruger rifles? I have a few rifles which I never use at the same time or on the same hunting trip, toying with idea of sharing an expensive Leupold that I have between them.

Ben
01-07-2012, 09:23 AM
http://warnescopemount.com/product/ruger-rings/

Four Fingers of Death
01-07-2012, 09:39 AM
22 minutes, that was a quick reply.

Good looking rings, gives me food for thought! Thanks.

pietro
01-07-2012, 03:10 PM
FWIW, ringsets are not interchangeable between Ruger #1 rifles and centerfire Ruger Model 77's - whether they're from Ruger or some other maker.

#1 rifles take ringsets that have front/rear rings of equal height, whatever the height.

M-77 CF rifle's use ringsets that have front/rear rings of unequal heights, that match the difference in height between the front/rear receiver rings of the M-77 CF rifle.

Four Fingers of Death
01-08-2012, 02:32 AM
FWIW, ringsets are not interchangeable between Ruger #1 rifles and centerfire Ruger Model 77's - whether they're from Ruger or some other maker.

#1 rifles take ringsets that have front/rear rings of equal height, whatever the height.

M-77 CF rifle's use ringsets that have front/rear rings of unequal heights, that match the difference in height between the front/rear receiver rings of the M-77 CF rifle.

Yep, I can see that now thinking about it. I was mainy interested in doing this between a couple of No1s. I would probably be better off disposing of one or two and using the money to buy a matching Leupold scope. I like the idea of having my rifles feel the same and look the same, bit of a wank, but these things keep us occupied.

Rick Hodges
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
FFoD,

I use those Warn QD mounts on my 1895 Marlin 45/70 and on my Omega muzzle loader. Neither rifle if a tack driver...but removing the scope and replacing it between shots...I see no difference in accuracy or point of aim. Switching between rifles will undoubtedly require re sighting. I use it for ease of cleaning the muzzle loader and to access the peep sights on the Marlin. They are a very solid mounting system.