PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with this rifle?

fishnbob
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I ran across a EMF Hartford Lever Rifle in 45 LC for sale and I can't find any info on it. Any of y'all know anything about it? I appreciate any info, good, bad or indifferent.

fecmech
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Those were made by Rossi and are nice rifles.

ReloaderFred
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
They are a clone of the Winchester Model 92, made by Rossi. The owner of EMF is a friend of mine. They're nice rifles.

Hope this helps.

Fred

lotech
01-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I bought one of these new about fifteen years ago. The bore was rough to the point that it was easily seen without the use of a borescope. EMF replaced the rifle. Something was wrong with the second rifle as well, but I don't recall what it was. I returned the rifle and received a refund. Stayed away from EMF ever since. In fairness, however, and with regard to other comments posted here, it seems the rifles have improved.

Boerrancher
01-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Many of the first firearms that Rossi made in the early years were junk, not just the ones imported by EMF. After a couple of years they finally got their mfg processes fixed and got better QA/QC. I own 2 Rossi's in 45LC and both will cut bullet holes all day long at 50 yards, and shoot half dollar sized groups at 100. I like them both well enough that I would not hesitate to buy another if the price was right, in any caliber.

Best wishes,

Joe

rintinglen
01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I can only echo what is written above. In 1988 I bought a Rossi Puma 357 that was rough as a cob and none too accurate. I stayed clear of them until 2003 when My brother bought one that was pretty nice, so nice in fact That I ended up with one as well. It is a favorite of mine now and I'd buy another in a heart beat, should I find one at a good price. (I've grand kids that will soon be old enough to go shooting).

Dogg
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Guess I am something of a Hartford junkie, I have 6 in 45colt, 3 blue and 3 stainless, a pair of each with consecutive serial numbers that have not been shot, all with out the silly safety. also a 44mag and 357mag with the safety. They all shoot very well and are accurate, barrels are nice and smooth so get next to no leading. If you take off the ugly finish on the stock and redo they all come out looking really nice. Guess you can say I like them just wish they had made a 454 casull in the Hartford group.

Boerrancher
01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I have 2 Rossi M92's in 45LC, both are as smooth as can be, and both will shoot one hole 3 shot groups at 50 yards and MOA at 100 yards with the iron sights if you do everything right. I would not hesitate to pick up another one if I found it reasonable. I really want one in a 44mag.

Best wishes,

Joe

fishnbob
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I waited too long and it got sold. Live & learn. I could have gotten it for 400. I'm still lookin'. That's half the fun, until I get anxious, lose my patience and buy something I don't need.

McLintock
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Those made 10-15 years ago weren't made by Rossi, they were from an Italian outfit, Armi San Marco if I remember right. I bought one when they first came out and had to replace the barrel as it was rough as a cob. Plus other problems, like the ejector head came off and the magazine came out the first time I shot it. EMF had run out of parts to repair them or fix them and I had to eat it; never bought another EMF product. I also bought two of their Hartford Colt clones and had to replace the barrels on them, but EMF had the parts and replaced them for me. The clones were Armi San Marco also. The latest ones are by Rossi, but can't comment on them, haven't owned one.
McLintock