PDA

View Full Version : Ken fundraisers, fill me in.

Aloxite
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I tried searching but I can't find any information on this. I see all of the fundraisers for Ken but I don't know the story. Could someone please fill me in?

Thanks.

Trey45
01-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Ken owns the forum, and due to health problems has very very limited income. It's kind of a way of saying Thank You to the guy who allows all of this to keep happening while helping him keep a roof over his head and food on the table.

OBIII
01-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Ken, aka 45nut, is the site owner. I'm relatively new myself, and don't know a lot, but I know that Ken is a helluva man, who would do just about anything for anyone. I don't know his personal story, but I know that he is living through hard times. Check for posts by 45nut, or stop into Chat, around 8:00 PM EST. He's usually in around that time. I am sure others will provide additional info.

Aloxite
01-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks guys. I've certainly noticed his posts and he seems like a good guy. I just hadn't made the connection. I appreciate it.

Crawdaddy
01-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Wish he could take PP or debit cards. I would participate. I dont do checks and getting a MO is a pain. Maybe I am just lazy.

Recluse
01-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Wish he could take PP or debit cards. I would participate. I dont do checks and getting a MO is a pain. Maybe I am just lazy.

He can take PP. PM him for his address.

:coffee:

gray wolf
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I appreciate Ken and all he has done for this forum.

OBIII
01-06-2012, 09:28 PM
You could also donate to the site, or become a Team Boolits member. Or just send him a box of goodies, or bid on one of the many site auctions for "Ken". Lot's of ways to help and to show your appreciation.

theperfessor
01-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Ken has given us a site the upholds the highest level of the American ideal of freedom of speech. Stay within the bounds of politeness and family friendly content and feel free to agree or disagree about almost any topic under discussion with no censorship. (Our country's Colleges and Universities could learn a lot from him in that regard.)

I appreciate him allowing me to drop in and share his (online) home. Thanks Ken!