PDA

View Full Version : We're being watched

Jim
01-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Y'all ever looked at the 'Currently Active Users' count? Seems like every time I check it, there's always a lot more guests than members.

That's not entirely a bad thing, but sometimes it makes me wonder who's reading us and what they're lookin' for.

WILCO
01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Most likely it's just folks who didn't log in and are cruising the forums or it's the feds looking for the next militia movement.......:happy dance:

cajun shooter
01-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Well I have that under control as I always wear my head set made of aluminum foil so that they can't read what I'm thinking. It also has a Address scrambler built in.

GRUMPA
01-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I would imagine that lurkers account for almost all of it, kinda like dipping your toe in the lake to get a feel for the water before you jump in.

btroj
01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Doesn't bother me a bit. I am a lurker on other sites.

Jim
01-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Doesn't bother me a bit. I am a lurker on other sites.

Doesn't really bother me, I just think of goofy stuff like that.

DLCTEX
01-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Could be me from another computer and didn't log in. Then it could be prospective new members getting a feel for the climate before joining as I did.

Bulldogger
01-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't post a lot, so being able to post immediately isn't a benefit. But mostly I don't log in because I like the "Today's Posts" tab, which disappears when I log in. I use it to catch up on what's happened since I was last on the site. Sure I miss stuff when I only go 7-8 tabs back in the history, but since I've been busy with moving and selling and everything but shooting I am not following specific forums and threads, rather just enjoying the wealth of knowledge freely shared here and the discussions.

So, there could be folks like me that just don't bother to log in. I'm not lurking on purpose, not avoidnig log on to evade knoweldge of my specific presence, I just don't have a lot to say right now and I'm just reading. I surely will be posting more as I finally get moved in to my new place, complete my workbench and catch up on 20 gunamithing projects and several loading formulations.

Bulldogger

VA Shooter
01-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Y'all ever looked at the 'Currently Active Users' count? Seems like every time I check it, there's always a lot more guests than members.

That's not entirely a bad thing, but sometimes it makes me wonder who's reading us and what they're lookin' for.

Yea I was a lurker for about 6 months before I joined. Alot of my friends are lurkers too

jeepguy242
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
i'm not here, you didnt see me.... LOL

Jim
01-05-2012, 09:28 AM
..... But mostly I don't log in because I like the "Today's Posts" tab, which disappears when I log in.....Bulldogger

After you log in, you'll find a tool bar across the top of the page. There's a 'Today' button that does the same thing.

sundog
01-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that there's not someone (or someones) after me...

C.F.Plinker
01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I am a member here as well as several other sites. I autolog on. That works here but not on some of the other sites. So rather than manually log on each tome, I lurk on them. If I see a thread that I want to participate in, I will log on, make my post, and continue reading threads. Then the next time I visit it is as a lurker because the autologon has not been able to remember me. So it is possible that some of the lurders are in fact members that did not log on for various reasons.

Love Life
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I learn something new everyday. I never gave any attention to the "Today" tab.

Also tin foil hats must be made of pure tin.

mtgrs737
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I learn something new everyday. I never gave any attention to the "Today" tab.

OMG! I will have to have mine checked out, I buy that discount no name foil from ChinaMart and I may not of been protected!

wgr
01-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that there's not someone (or someones) after me...

the problem is not being paranoid. its if your paranoid enough.

cheese1566
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I am logged in...it's the other 8 voices in my head that are lurking as Guests!
:veryconfu:bigsmyl2:[smilie=p:

KYCaster
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
OMG! I will have to have mine checked out, I buy that discount no name foil from ChinaMart and I may not of been protected!

Stepped right into their trap didn't you! :shock:

Jerry

Harter66
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Of course its the G-men all lookinng for organized rebellion. They follow me everywhere ,what w/my pro gun DU decals ,Army/Navy decals,Depot permit,Star of David,Catholic fish,and 2 weeks of food on the shelf. I may as well change my name too. Never mind the component hoards.:popcorn:

Probably just lurkers right now there's 4 members 1 guest.

Recluse
01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I am a member here as well as several other sites. I autolog on. That works here but not on some of the other sites. So rather than manually log on each tome, I lurk on them. If I see a thread that I want to participate in, I will log on, make my post, and continue reading threads. Then the next time I visit it is as a lurker because the autologon has not been able to remember me. So it is possible that some of the lurders are in fact members that did not log on for various reasons.

*Bingo* and +1

I lurked here and Shooter.com for years before even joining. I'm also on the road alot and will check out the site from hotel and airport computers, not bothering to log-on, so I become one of the "guests."

:coffee:

Trey45
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM

My tin foil hats are now part of my #2 alloy.

shooterg
01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I lurked for a long time(from work) until I retired and got my own PC.

lbaize3
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I think we need to get a group buy going on tin foil caps. Especially one with that there address scrambler. Do ya think we need one on the masks too, or just wear the ski masks we use when shopping at the 7-11?

Love Life
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I think we need to get a group buy going on tin foil caps. Especially one with that there address scrambler. Do ya think we need one on the masks too, or just wear the ski masks we use when shopping at the 7-11?

Good call. I never thought of blocking the mind reading rays from entering my brain through my face. Now I need a tin foil mask...

waksupi
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Keep moving. These are not the Droids you are looking for.

timbuck
01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Well I have that under control as I always wear my head set made of aluminum foil so that they can't read what I'm thinking. It also has a Address scrambler built in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzVPiaJI7Q

Is this you??:kidding:

swheeler
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM

"they" are watching YOU Jim and only you[smilie=s:

pmer
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I like the bigger tin foil hats - I can pull it down over my ears to block out the sound from the black helicopters.

Crawdaddy
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Relax Jim- nothing to worry about... Just Big Brother.

JJC
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzVPiaJI7Q

Is this you??:kidding:

That link is to funny, even though I only watched ten seconds of it. I am guilty of looking around not loging on. I read more than type.

MT Gianni
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
My tin foil hat got melted to aid fill out. It wasn't working well to add fill out in my brain.

gandydancer
01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
their watching us belive me. and by the way did you know that after 70 years of age in O nitwits mind and our government you are no longer a person you are now a Unit and they will deside about your health care. if you get what you need or not. mostly NOT.

Bulldogger
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes Jim, but then the posts show up in a different layout/format. Since I don't follow posts closely, the "Today" format is combersome, so I don't log in and instead use the "Today's Posts" format. It's a visual choice.

After you log in, you'll find a tool bar across the top of the page. There's a 'Today' button that does the same thing.

Junior1942
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
The NSA computers read EVERY post on this site. If they find code words, the NSA humans read the post.

firefly1957
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I lurked here for years and did not even know it a coworker was sending me the links for a couple threads including "12ga from hell" he still has not joined . The reason I joined was someones question on the Winchester .351 Self load cartridge. It took a couple months to get caught up with all the threads and posts and decided this was a great group to be in.

troyboy
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Really is a scary thing. No such thing as privacy anymore. This is all in the name of security. Say the wrong thing and see. They will come knocking.

Blacksmith
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
NSA is one of the code words. They are now reading and it's all juniors fault!

No signature so they won't know who knows the code word. Shhhhh don't tell.

fryboy
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
sadly junior has it right , whether you care to admit it or not every keystroke we post is logged somewhere ( my personal bet says several somewheres ) [shrugz] i'm also a member of several forums ( not just cast/loading/shooting related ) on some of these you can quite clearly see what i.p. is logged on ...strange stuff , things like google-bots and various other bots all doing the web crawl ` , we may joke or feign indifference but i bet most of us have had the "i wonder thoughts " at least once about some site or such ( even if just the "wow " at some of the idiots on evil bay )

wiljen
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
The ones I wonder about are the visitors from Iran and North Korea.

Pigslayer
01-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Doesn't really bother me, I just think of goofy stuff like that.

It's not really goofy stuff. Although I am sure that most are lurkers, there are others that are not. I've had enough experience with certain sections of the U.S. Gov't to know what they do and what they are capable of. Everything is monitored. Either by local or federal gov't. Law enforcement has a vast network of information gathering resources which includes the monitoring of forums such as this one. Food for thought.

DIRT Farmer
01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Paranoid= defination Para kinda means two, I don't know whad a noid is but there are two of them.

Trey45
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
the noid was that critter that messed up your pizza from dominos.
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/699509/80534824.jpg

KYCaster
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
The ones I wonder about are the visitors from Iran and North Korea.

Don't let it worry you Will....they're just trying to find a max load for WC872 in an ICBM.

And while we're on the subject.........your avatar looks suspiciously like a Kim family portrait. [smilie=1:

Jerry

swheeler
01-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Don't let it worry you Will....they're just trying to find a max load for WC872 in an ICBM.

And while we're on the subject.........your avatar looks suspiciously like a Kim family portrait. [smilie=1:

Jerry

That's funny! Kim with mini me on his head. Will Kim :kidding:

9.3X62AL
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM
7 out of 10 voices in my head agree......the alphabet soup groups in our .gov all like to play here.

Specific to the NSA bot handler--don't forget to pick up bread and milk, your wife told me she was out of both when I left this morning. :) You shouldn't upset the case managers so often, you might catch fewer graveyard shift postings that way. Just sayin'.

OBIII
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Move on, Jim, nothing to see here. Your ISP is already tapped and probably a key logger installed on your computer. I'd also be careful to watch what you say on your cell's. Like I said, nothing to worry about. :bigsmyl2:

Semper Fi

OB

pmer
01-06-2012, 12:39 AM
On very rare ocassions I would have to talk to Mulder and Skully for robbery investigations and I allways had that watched feeling afterwords. I'm not saying but just saying...

ohiomadman
01-06-2012, 12:44 AM
I am a Lurker,but a member. Just logged in first time since 08-19-2011

That said, this is a great site and I`ve learned alot Lurkin.

I do have a tin foil hat just in case......

waksupi
01-06-2012, 12:45 AM

Jerry

Try 5010. Purina Missile Chow. You can use a full case then.

Blacksmith
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Don't worry I guarentee there are watchers watching the watchers. We arn't the only ones that need to be paranoid.

Stork
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I also lurk much more than post, so don't normally log in. I do try to stop by a couple times a day.

Most of you guys have a lot more working knowledge of casting than I do. I learned a long time ago, you learn best with your ears open and your mouth closed. It's much better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

That being said, I find this forum to be an incredibly friendly and informative site. Newbies are never ridiculed for not knowing everything and are gently corrected when they put forward incorrect assumptions.

Stork