PDA

View Full Version : mold lube

lead chucker
01-05-2012, 02:45 AM
What is this bull plate that every one talks about? And what are you lubing the spur plate or the screw that holds it on. I called lee to see what I should lube my lee molds with and the guy told me to use anti seize on the alignment pins and sprewplate and beez wax in the screw that holds the sprew plate. what he told me seems to work well. Lyman molds being made of Steele are a little different. what should I be lubing and I don't have any bull plate so what's the next best thing. Any info on this would be great.

Mooseman
01-05-2012, 04:02 AM
I use anti-sieze myself on all my molds...and screws.

cbrick
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Bull Plate is a sprue lube that Dan (Bullshop), one of the members here sells from up your way in Alaska. Was unavailable for a little while but seems to be available again via snail mail.

If you can't find it full synthetic 2 cycle oil is a great substitute. Use very, very sparingly and don't get it in the cavities. Apply while mold is hot with a Q-tip and wipe off excess. If you use enough for it to migrate you will not be a happy camper but properly used it not only lubes the sprue plate and hinge bolt but will prevent any lead from sticking.

Rick