PDA

View Full Version : Omen?

gasboffer
01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I was reloading some .45ACP this afternoon on a Lee Classic Turret. Had a few small primer cases mixed in and was culling them out as they came up. Also had some military cases which required a little more pressure to seat.
One case I could tell was a G.I. when it was primed. I don't know why, but I took it out of the shell-holder and checked for correct seating depth.
The case was head-stamped F A 32. (Frankford Arsenal) Wow, that's 80 years old. It had been tumbled so it was clean and shiny. I haven't been tumbled and am probably not that clean, but I'm 80 years old too! 6-24-32! I've got the loaded round on my desk just to look at now and then.

Harter66
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
That's just too cool! Kinda cool actually to find a servicable case of that age.

Finding mine should be easier but so far I haven't seen any 66s.

zuke
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Kinda make's a guy wonder........

Harter66
01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
That's just too cool! Kinda cool actually to find a servicable case of that age.

Finding mine should be easier but so far I haven't seen any 66s.

williamwaco
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I was reloading some .45ACP this afternoon on a Lee Classic Turret. Had a few small primer cases mixed in and was culling them out as they came up. Also had some military cases which required a little more pressure to seat.
One case I could tell was a G.I. when it was primed. I don't know why, but I took it out of the shell-holder and checked for correct seating depth.
The case was head-stamped F A 32. (Frankford Arsenal) Wow, that's 80 years old. It had been tumbled so it was clean and shiny. I haven't been tumbled and am probably not that clean, but I'm 80 years old too! 6-24-32! I've got the loaded round on my desk just to look at now and then.

I think you should frame that in a shadow box and hang it over your fire place. OOOps if you tried that, you probably wouldn't make it to 81. Hang it in your shop.