PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came real early

NSP64
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I bought the test mold Miha had of the Brass 4 cavity HBWC 38 mold. Payed for it the 20th of Dec and it came today:drinks:
It is a work of art.

Anyone else buy one?
If so how does it cast?

frankenfab
01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I would love to see a picture of that mold and/or boolits!:smile:

Thank you kindly,

Frank

slide
01-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I have the same mold. You are going to like it. It was the first mold I casted with and along with the advice from this forum made some good bullets and had a blast!

seagiant
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi Slide,
You should of started your casting career with a LEE 2-cav. now there's no where to go but DOWN!!! HA!HA!

NSP64
01-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Like most toys,some assembly was required. Lol
Like everyone has said, "run it hot and fast". So I did.

NSP64
01-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Pics

OH WELL, GOT THE PICS, CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPLOAD BIGGER

EDK
01-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I've had mine for awhile. It is SO GOOD that I bought the 44 caliber version. My current load is 3.0 of TITEGROUP in 357 brass, used in Original Size VAQUEROS.

Since I don't have a casting thermometer, temperature is "by the dial" on my LEE Magnum Melter...a ladle cast pot. Brass moulds, especially the hollow base or hollow point versions, seem to need a hotter alloy. Make sure the hollow base pins, as well as the sprue plate, are up to temperature...a lot less rejects when everything is HOT!

Clean everything thoroughly and apply the mould lube to the hollow base pin AND the two pins that slide through the mould per the instructions. When the mould is upright to fill, I want the slider pins on the left. Fill the mould; cut the sprue; tap the handle bolt; flip mould upside down and open. IF the boolits stay in the cavity, gently tap the slider pins into the mould block.

I'm waiting in the 434640 holow point mould...the LYMAN solid is a good performer in both the VAQUEROS and my Cowboy rifles...just don't need gas checks.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck: