PDA

View Full Version : My comments about Tom Myers software.

Boomer Mikey
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I wish to apologize to Tom Myers for a poorly written statement I made in an earlier post.

My comments could have been interpreted several ways.

It wasn't my intent to question Tom's designs or his client's designs. My capabilities as a bullet designer are what I'm not comfortable with.

As an impromptu bullet designer I need all the help I can get!

The following statement is how I feel about Tom's software and my concern for my design skills.

"To say I'm impressed with Tom’s Cast Bullet Design package is an understatement, I think it is phenomenal; however, I'm old enough to appreciate 45 2.1’s experience with the ability of mold manufacturers to deliver what’s on the drawing; he knows what works. I see Tom’s software as an extremely valuable tool for the design and evaluation process and I hope to purchase a copy of it one day; however, I’m still going to run my designs by 45 2.1 to see what he thinks about them and trust his experience and recommendations for adjustments to the design for the manufacturing process."

Tom and Bob have skills that complement each other; they help anyone that asks them for help like many, many others in our Cast Boolits Community I respect that. I see every reason to praise their actions and no validity in minimizing their contribution or anyone else’s contribution.

Many thanks, Tom and Bob.

Now get to work,

Boomer :Fire:

357maximum
03-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Boomer

Don't we all get taken out of meaning from time to time. It is the internet, not a face to face discussion, sending our true meanings can prove rather difficult through our chosen medium of communication from time to time. I have looked at several of my own posts, and though aloud,,,,"well what if he thinks I meant this, and gets upset". We all use different expressions for different things, and what one man deems acceptable another may not, the internet covers alot of real estate, crossed up views and meaning are bound to happen. I have never seen a post of yours that jumped out as de-meaning...you generally take the high road when others do not....

As far as bullet design I too prefer a human(other than myself) design factor, as I have designed my own on Mt. Moulds website, and without help other than the design software I came to realize I am not a boolit designer. I got lucky 2 out of 3 times and the boolits worked real well, one was simply a dog IMHO, but the guy that ended up with it liked it just dandy in his particular instance....of course if I were given a mould of that quality...i too could proably overlook the design faults that I made when I used the software to design it......go figure. I would love a copy of Toms design software and indeed about 1 year ago i contacted him hoping it was a soon to be available deal, it is another tool in the arsenal, and he who rules the tools rules, as they say. You cannot have too many tools be they mechanical/electronic/human input.

Bob has gone far and above on anything I have ever needed as far as advise is concerned, and I too will seek his advise..no matter where the design originates on buys honcho'ed by ME. It is not a political statement or anything like that, it is going with what I trust, and with what has proven to work for me in the past.

As far as future group buys honche'ed by others are concerned I will be a shameless ***** (N).....lady of the night) and when I see a design that tickles me just right I will jump on board if I have the cash at the time REGARDLESS of where the design originated. Doing anything other than that would be like only allowing one person in the family to cook, and that is kinda like wipin before you poop...makes no sense.

Michael

Little Joe
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
and that is kinda like wipin before you poop...makes no sense.

Great statement.:???:

Out of here,
Little Joe