PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Lee Shell Holders

Green Frog
12-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Does anyone remember where there is a complete listing for the Lee primer tool shell holders, the old threaded ones with letters to identify them? TIA and Happy New Year!

Froggie

Bent Ramrod
12-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Froggie,

The only listing I've ever seen is on the backs of the cards the holders were stuck to when sold. I saved one for an index for my own accumulation; if you need any letter designations I can look them up for you.

ktw
12-31-2011, 11:58 PM
I typed one up and posted it once.

Thread with that post here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=34356&highlight=lee+shellholder

-ktw

Iowa Fox
01-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks for that list ktw. They made one stamped PP for the Speer 358 plastic cases that were popular back then. I shot a lot of those primer powered plastic bullets in the basement in those days.

Green Frog
01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks, KTW, that's just what I needed. I knew I had seen it here somewhere, but a search got precisely zip, zilch and nada! I've found that loading for my .32 S&W is best for me with the old hand primer tool instead of priming with the press. Got me to wondering what other rounds I would like to load with it. BTW, did you ever find all of the shell holders you were looking for in that previous post?

Regards,
Froggie

ktw
01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
BTW, did you ever find all of the shell holders you were looking for in that previous post?

Pretty much. I traded off most of the ones I couldn't use and many duplicates. I ended up with sizes for most everything I load.

I have added a few cartridges since then (of course) and there are some I'd trade for if the opportunity came up (e.g. 45/70, 22 Hornet, 223) but there is nothing I am desperately seeking.

I tend to use the later Lee hand primer with the feeder tray and the slide in shellholders for the majority of my priming, anyway.

-ktw