PDA

View Full Version : Got some neat Swedish surplus military boots

Buckshot
03-02-2007, 04:35 AM
.............I was cruising the Sportsmans Guide online the other day and ran across a couple nifty items and thought I'd pass them on.

1st thing that cought my eye was a listing for 2 pair of Swedish military surplus cold weather boots. It said new and un-issued for $18 for 2 pair. I figured for that I could gamble and ordered them.

http://www.fototime.com/8E21F0C977FE12E/standard.jpg

The 2 pairs of boots were of the same design and construction type with mild differences. The other pair of boots had a dark green canvas, and a darker brown leather.

http://www.fototime.com/9EB45F0B3AF384F/standard.jpg

The other pair of boots (which I was wearing) have rubber soles stitched to leather............er, upper soles. I'm not a cobbler so I don't know what you call it but the boot upper part is stitched to leather and then that is stitched to the rubber soles.

http://www.fototime.com/E72F9845F2C2603/standard.jpg

The Swedish crown and a 1942 date.

The boots are felt lined up to just below your ankle. I got these last Friday and have been wearing a pair since then. They're nice boots and the catalog says if you wear a half size to get the next larger. I wear a 9-1/2 like maybe 80% of guys, so I ordered a 10. There is just a bit more room and if you wear a 10 I'd get a 10.

They are all quality and smell like leather, duh! If you wear white socks the underside of the tongue will stain them, but it washes. They've kept my feet nice and warm whle tromping around and standing in the shop on cold concrete. With the canvas I don't think they're meant to go wading in.

Anyway, at $18 for two freaking pair of'em, I figured I had to pass it on. The other was 3 Swedish military surplus work shirts. They're more like light jackets as they're a heavy cotton (almost like canvas) green military shirt with one inside pocket and re-inforced elbows. They were 3 for $9. I had to wash then 4 times to get rid of the fungicide smell :-) If you need a rough duty, heavy duty chore shirt/ lite jacket you can't beat them.

.................Buckshot

Ivantherussian03
03-02-2007, 07:00 AM
military surplus is great:-D

dubber123
03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Most of my hunting clothes including rain gear is surplus stuff, I've very seldom been disappointed. Saves alot of $ too.

Ed Barrett
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
"Yankers Lars" Swedish boots, I thought they would all go to Minnesota.

threett1
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Yup, the way they used to make them.:mrgreen:

Norton
03-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the tip I use the other Swede boot/shoe? that is 100% leather. One size to big with thick wool socks for deer hunting. (They are dated 1970) I thought about getting these boots you bought as well, now you have convinced me. I also bought a bunch of 1960s dated Austrian surplus clothing i.e camo parka and pants, field jacket liner and shelter half /tent. I use it for deer hunting a camping, I also found a Swedish Army surplus socks and long underwear are great buys. My long Johns were dated 1942 and still great! They make good products (Read Mauser 96)

RayinNH
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I received two pair today. As Buckshot said, these are beautifully made boots. My pairs were both the same, dark leather uppers with dark green canvas. These three tone boots kinda look like hightop military bowling shoes. I wore mine a couple hours today and my ankles are killing me. These are going to take some serious breaking in. I'll give a pair to my son if he wants them...Ray

tomf52
03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Buckshot - My Grandmother had a pair just like 'em!

No_1
03-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Are you saying you grandmother wore army boots?

Robert

Sorry, had to go there...

Buckshot - My Grandmother had a pair just like 'em!

Buckshot
03-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I received two pair today. As Buckshot said, these are beautifully made boots. My pairs were both the same, dark leather uppers with dark green canvas. These three tone boots kinda look like hightop military bowling shoes. I wore mine a couple hours today and my ankles are killing me. These are going to take some serious breaking in. I'll give a pair to my son if he wants them...Ray

..............I think they were intended to be worn with fat wool socks :-). I put a Dr Scholles in mine. I like those Herman Munster toes.

............Buckshot

Bret4207
03-10-2007, 07:59 AM
I was just looking at their Swedish rubber mud shoes today. Stylin' man, stylin!