PDA

View Full Version : Black tail

lead chucker
12-30-2011, 03:09 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_124014efd6383c99b4.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3167)

lead chucker
12-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Im still learning how to do this computer stuff.

RugerFan
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Nice! I hope to get a couple next year.

lead chucker
12-30-2011, 03:45 AM
I live on the coast of Alaska we hunt the local islands we are allowed five a year. I did a lot of hunting in the woods this year but the snow is so deep now the deer come down to the beach. the deer we shot to day we shot right off our boat. deer don't have any natural enemys from the water so you can get real close most of the time. Not much sport in it but is fun. Kind of like road hunting but in a boat.

Suo Gan
12-30-2011, 04:01 AM
When I lived in Cordova one of the boat captains had his boat stuffed with over 100 of those little guys. Muy big trouble for him. They are like shooting fish in a barrel off a boat. They are great eating deer too! My buddy had four kids and I would give him my four every year. Without those deer they would have had it real hard.

I shot a real nice 4x4 on Kodiak one time that went 16 inches!!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

missionary5155
12-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Good morning & Congradulations.. you are doing fine with the computer and the black tail popping too !
When up north there I kayak on the North Fork River on the east side of the state of ILL. Numerous times have come to within paddle poking distance of deer happily snoozing in the sun. So one day I decided to paddle jab a nice mid September buck laying on the slanting bank to see if he was alive. Well he was very much alive and decided that his best escape route was not up and over the thick topped bank but into the river. Never dreamed in all my life I would see the underside of a leaping buck. Fortunately the buck directed his trajectory towards open water & not onto the offending floating object.
So yea you can get real close to deer while floating about aquaticly.
Mike in Peru