PDA

View Full Version : Card Holder Services

jcwit
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Anyone out there know of a way to stop robo calls from

This is Rachael from Card Holder Services

Claiming to want to lower ones interest rate

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Crawdaddy
12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
If you figure it out let me know. I get several a month.

357 Voodoo
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Ive reported them to the FCC three times now because im on the do not call list and i still get calls from them. Ive waited on the line and started to talk to them. Told them not to call again and told them i have no credit cards and if they call again im filing police charges. They hung up on me. That was last week still waiting for them to call back.

Mooseman
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I answer : "This is Peggy.....lol"

jcwit
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Did a little searching and this supposedly the parant company

Kenny 8 months ago

Ok, after researching this topic for a while I have finally been able to find some companies that use these robodialers. I have contacted all and asked to have my number removed from their system. None have denied using the robodialer and the first actually admitted they were users of the system.

Premiere Debt Solutions

4207 Vineland Rd., Suite M14 Orlando, FL 32811

Telephone: +1 866-387-4705

FAX: +1 407-219-5975

Email: info@premieredebtsolutions.com

Unknown Company

1-888-499-0383

American Debt Negotiators

1-866-969-4236

Storydude
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
If on your cell, set to blacklist. You don't even hear the ring.

This assumes a cell made since 2009...

exile
12-29-2011, 06:12 PM
I get a call at least once a week, the other day I got two calls in the space of five minutes. Yesterday I did not feel like answering the phone, so I let it ring. After the 15th ring I figured it was my wife in need of assistance. I answered it, it was "Card Holder Services". They told me that I could press "9" I think to be removed from the list, but my fear is that it is some kind of phone scam to get to your long-distance service or something, similar to what convicts use from prison phones. Since I don't trust them, I don't press anything.

I have tried being nice, using profanity, threats of lawsuits, everything I could think of, no dice. If anything it is helping my prayer life!

exile

Roger Ronas
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
I hate the "Rachael" calls.

John Guedry
12-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I sure am glad to know I'm not the only one getting these.

frkelly74
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
I find it strangely comforting when she says there is no problem with my account. But Then , How does she know?

Olevern
12-29-2011, 07:57 PM
I gave up trying to get them to not call. What I do now is wait until someone gets on the phone,then engage them in pleasant conversation, questioning them about what they are offering, when they ask for personally identifyable information (credit card companies, account numbers, etc.) I give them made up numbers and amounts, in short, I waste as much of their time as I possibly can until I finally tell them that I was on the throne in the bathroom when they interrupted my daily constitutional and I am done now, so they can go on and interrupt someone else who didn't ask them to call, didn't want them to call and is tired of telephone solicitation.

firefly1957
12-30-2011, 02:14 AM
If I answer it I push the number 3 and set the phone down and walk away for a few minutes as they try to get information from noone!

Bullet Caster
12-30-2011, 02:58 AM
The same thing has been happening to me. I like Mooseman's reply, "hello, this is Peggy." Since we've got caller ID it has been happening more infrequent now. I used to ask them if I could call them back after work. When they tell me that they don't want to be contacted at home, then I tell them that that's the way I feel and hang up on them. How the he!! do they know what credit cards I have and why do they keep pestering me. BC

frkelly74
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I had a friend who told the people on the phone pestering him that the person that they wanted to talk to had just died, which was himself. So his account was frozen and that did cause him some problems getting things back working. Kind of wasn't as much fun as he thought it might be.

HodakaGA
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Guys, Be extra cautious with folks calling you. Many are phishing for information so they can scam you.

I work for a community bank and manage our credit card department, among other things. I am no longer suprised at how many people get a call and disclose all sorts of personal information to a stranger including our credit and debit card information.

Pigslayer
12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
I, as with many have had to put up with bombardment by the telemarketers & scammers. It's an abuse that should't have to be tolerated. Mostly, if caller I.D. dosen't show who it is that's knocking on my door, I don't answer. Best I can do.
Sometimes I just turn the ringer off & let them have at it. I'll review everthing later. It's a shame that one's privacy no longer deserves respect . . . all for money.:coffee:

twotoescharlie
12-31-2011, 02:52 PM
I usually tell them, I'm busy disecting a body (a chicken) and would they call back later.
they don't call back!!

TTC

Pigslayer
12-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I usually tell them, I'm busy disecting a body (a chicken) and would they call back later.
they don't call back!!

TTC

You are a sick man! LOL

Moondawg
12-31-2011, 08:57 PM
We have been getting the Rachel calls for over a year. We have one credit card and it doesn't have much on it. Somehow the calls come at the most annoying moments. Well I guess that is life in a very small town, getting Rachel calls.

jonas302
12-31-2011, 09:08 PM
That cheating .... calls you guys too!
Man I hate those calls I have 4 lines at the shop and some days they just go from one line to the next not to much fun trying fix cars that way

Down South
01-01-2012, 11:53 AM
When I still had a hard line phone, I signed up on the national and state "Do Not Call List" and it solved the problem of these types of calls. If they call after you are signed up, you can file a legit complaint. But I never had another problem after signing up.

jcwit
01-01-2012, 12:05 PM
The No Call List doesn't work with Rachel.

Neither does filing a complaint.

Down South
01-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I haven't had a land line in a while now. I was never home and paying wayyyyyyy to much for phone service so I went to cell phone only. Maybe things are worse now but the do not call lists worked for me. There is a state and national list. I signed up on both and it got rid of the junk calls.

I used to entertain myself when I did get these calls especially if I had to crawl out from under my truck to answer the phone.
Sometimes I would act retarded “Probably True”. I’ll tell the caller something like, you will have to really speak slowwwwwwww because I have a hard time understanding. Once they would start to speak very slowly I would say, Noooooooooooooo, you need to speak slower. I’ve had some good laughs listening to the telemarketers speak in slow motion.
Surveys were a blast until the surveyor would realize I was feeding the biggest line of Bull they had ever heard and hang up on me. I got all the way to running for president once before they hung up.
I got as far as being a rocket scientist a couple times.

A little imagination can make for a good time with calls like these.

I knew one guy who would just hand the phone over to his three year old when he got a call like these.

GaryN
01-01-2012, 03:51 PM
This has been around for a while but I think it is still pretty funny everytime I hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGBUB8yj2Ys
For all of you who hate telemarketers, enjoy.

fatnhappy
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
gary that was funnier than the law allows!

Pigslayer
01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Gary. Was feeling kind of down this evening. But not now. That was a hoot!

southpaw
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
That was great Gary!

I don't have caller id so I have no idea who is calling me. But I feel that I am in complete control when I get a call. If I don't want to talk to whoever is on the other end all I have to do is hang up the phone. However the kids have taken to answering the phone for us. My boy will give us the phone but the daughter likes to try and talk to them.

One of my friends would tell them to hang on for a second and he would take the phone and hold it close to the toilet bowl while he flushes it before he hangs up. Kinda like that one.

I try to remember that the people that are calling are just doing their job. I bet it is not the job that they wanted but its what they got that pays the bills. Better than them milking wellfare.

Jerry Jr.

leadman
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
These calls have stopped for us mainly due to using MagicJack phone service. The number is not listed and all outgoing calls go thru a server in Florida with a different number about every call with a Florida area code. We live in AZ. If you call someone they can not tell who is calling.
When the phone rings it appears on the computer screen as well as the caller ID on the phone. Paid about $90 for the device and 6 years of service.

MtGun44
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Tell them to take you off their calling list or you will report them to the State Attorney General. Works for me. Most states have laws that will shut them down if they get too many complaints
about calling folks that have requested to not be called.

Bill

Kraschenbirn
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm on both state and federal "no-call" lists and have made complaints to the Illinois AG, our local State's Attorney, and the ICC...still get 4 or 5 calls a week.

Bill

pmeisel
01-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Caller ID and an answering machine. If we don't know who's calling, we just don't answer. Works great.

Pigslayer
01-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Caller ID and an answering machine. If we don't know who's calling, we just don't answer. Works great.

Works for me.