PDA

View Full Version : Contact Information for Lone Star Rifles

bigfastfish
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I have a Rifle at the late Dave Higgenbotham's Lone Star Rifle shop. If anyone learns of contact information regarding retrieval of customer guns, please post it on this site?

Chill Wills
12-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I really know nothing more than the next guy But I assume you have tried the normal phone number.
I would bet that here soon someone will be getting his work returned or make arrangements in some way and then contacts everyone. It might be too soon if it fall to his wife alone.
His was an honest and reliable shop.

Best of luck on that. This is a really hard deal for all involved.

MtGun44
12-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Was Lone Star such a one man shop that there is no chance for it to continue after
this tragedy?

It would be a real shame if there was no way to keep those beautiful rifles in
limited production. I had aspired to one, and I am sorry to see this happen,
beyond the obvious sadness for the personal tragedy.

Bill

Freightman
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
It is a bad as I understand there is no one to take his place, I had a RB I was going to send him to fit a new block in but that is not an option now. Dave will be missed for the quality of work he put out and by his loved ones.

bigfastfish
12-30-2011, 01:46 AM
I am not trying to push the issue by any means....only hoped that someone was closer and had more info than those of us who only had business contact. I was just in his shop and had no indication that the business was anything other than Dave and his super skills.

DHB
12-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Dave worked alone, although in the last 5 years or so he could have gotten some help. The shop was very impressive, to me, as a watchmaker. He lived with in walking distance. My sister in law lives just up the street and saw the whole aftermath.
DHB

texasmac
01-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Those of you that knew Dave or knew of him will be interested in the following from his wife. There is a number at the bottom of the article.

http://www.lonestarrifle.com/

Wayne

bigfastfish
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I picked up my rifle from Dave's shop this week. All work was done (farmed out) and it I was done much faster than I could have expected under the circumstances. Dave's family is still heartbroken, as expected, but they said that he would have wanted his customers to be taken care of,,,they did. Keep them in your prayers.

Harvey