PDA

View Full Version : Crab Pot Burner Doubles As... In the Off Season

DODGEM250
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Since I have gotten myself back into casting this past month, I have gone old school, the only way I know from back in the day, but, I've done it with a slight upgrade ( no tire rim here ). I have removed the propane burner from my Crab / Shrimp steamer that is out of season this time of the year and mounted it to a section of 2 X 8 board and I've been melting lead and having tons o' fun doing it.

This might be a tad bit redneck to some, but, I've seen worse contraptions already since I've gotten back into casting. Some just down right dangerous, but... :redneck:
Anyway, I just wanted to post up a few pics of my new "contraption" to show off a bit and maybe offer the burner idea to others. I'm not going to complain though, I have already cast several hundred bullets of a few different calibers / gauges.

Don't be alarmed by the flame height in these photos, I have it up a tad to heat up faster. I have some ingots in the 4" Lyman pot getting ready to make more muzzleloader boolits. When my lead gets up to temp, I back the flame down using the gov'na on the 20lb propane tank hose that comes with the steamer pot kit.

How did I raise the pot up off the burner ????