PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to me!

luna butte
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
my wife and i took our kids to my brothers house sunday afternoon to open a few gifts and eat dinner with my whole family. well, the last present of the evening had my name on it. i was quite astonished to see that i was the only adult there receiving a gift. it seems that my younger brother had pooled monies with the rest of my family to get me a Hornaty LNL classic reloading kit!!! and a set of lyman dies for my 30-30

my wife will be the only person who really understands just how exicted i was to receive such a wonderful gift.

i have been reloading for about a year now using a lee loader and i have been quite happy with it, i have made a few hundred rounds with it and can testify to its dependability, but to move up to this new press has really uped my game. i cant wait to get started using it.

thank you, Mom, Casey, & Clinton

pmer
12-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow, what a nice gift. I hope it gets alot of good use!

:Fire:

Wayne Smith
12-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Let's see, now you need a bench, a room, and shelving at least.

luna butte
12-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Let's see, now you need a bench, a room, and shelving at least.

yep! an old empty 3 drawer dresser bolted to the wall in the bedroom shall suffice for now. it ought to hold all of my powders and other micsilanea.

DLCTEX
12-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Santa didn't drop one at my house.

bigjason6
12-28-2011, 02:12 AM
yep! an old empty 3 drawer dresser bolted to the wall in the bedroom shall suffice for now. it ought to hold all of my powders and other micsilanea.

Nonsense! Get yourself a Kreg pocket hole jig and get to making a cool bench! The Kreg jig makes woodworking a lot easier.

shovel80
12-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Very Cool..You'll get lots of use with that!!

Terry

Isaac
12-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Excellent gift! Kudo's to the family.

If you've not already done so, you can enhance the old dresser's usefulness by mounting a hardwood surface to the top that overhangs a bit. This provides more flat surface for other equipment and an overhang to mount additonal gear. You can also mount the top a bit off-set to suit your space and needs.

Isaac

luna butte
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Excellent gift! Kudo's to the family.

If you've not already done so, you can enhance the old dresser's usefulness by mounting a hardwood surface to the top that overhangs a bit. This provides more flat surface for other equipment and an overhang to mount additonal gear. You can also mount the top a bit off-set to suit your space and needs.

Isaac
ingenuity at its best. :grin:

grubbylabs
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow that is a nice gift. My wife let me buy a used progressive press. Then she bought me the new Lyman reloading hand book. So I had a great Christmas as well

luna butte
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow that is a nice gift. My wife let me buy a used progressive press. Then she bought me the new Lyman reloading hand book. So I had a great Christmas as well

that book is very high on my list of priorities. i am having a lot of fun loading on my press. and i was able to successfully degrease the powder measure and adjust it to throw my favorite 3030 load, 28.2g of w748:D