PDA

View Full Version : .351/.348 plinker

Black Jaque Janaviac
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Using the search function I picked up some threads about a .351 diameter boolit for paper patching or for use in a .348 as a GG boolit.

I read through the threads and could not find a resolution to a number of questions. These thread were from back in 2009 so perhaps theres some new information.

How have these boolits performed in the field/range as paper patched boolits?

Are they suitable for a .35 Whelen, 1:14" rifling pitch?

How fast can I throw them when cast from pure lead? Air cooled WW?

How do I go about aquiring such a mold?

geargnasher
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Most of these questions you'll have to answer yourself by experimentation.

Gear

45 2.1
12-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Using the search function I picked up some threads about a .351 diameter boolit for paper patching or for use in a .348 as a GG boolit.

I read through the threads and could not find a resolution to a number of questions. These thread were from back in 2009 so perhaps theres some new information. BRP made the mold I believe...... since out of business.

How have these boolits performed in the field/range as paper patched boolits? Contact Dutch4122.......... he instigated this mold design. He probably can help out.

Nobade
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM

I read through the threads and could not find a resolution to a number of questions. These thread were from back in 2009 so perhaps theres some new information.

How have these boolits performed in the field/range as paper patched boolits?

Works great in all my 35 cal. guns, as well as my .350 bore muzzle loader.

Yes.

Probably around 2200 fps with straight lead, only limited by the pressure your rifle and brass can stand with ACWW.

Maybe have Accurate Molds make one, since BRP is out of business.