PDA

View Full Version : Checkmaker PB with Lee push through sizer?

pastorcurtis
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Can one use the Checkmaker PB system with the Lee push through sizer? Or would one have to use a bullet designed with the gas check shank for Lee's nose first sizing design?

littlejack
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Welcome to th CastBoolits.
I would think that it would be very easy.
You may have to push them through base first though.
Jack

7of7
01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
they work fine, just have to go base first..

sabot_round
01-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Would the boolits work well by tumble lubing first befor applying the PB gas check? Or should I lube them after?

Sonnypie
01-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Would the boolits work well by tumble lubing first befor applying the PB gas check? Or should I lube them after?

I did mine that way when I was tumble loobing. Because Lee instructions say to TL the bullets before sizing.
Personally, I found the TL's stickiness an advantage. Kind glues the check on.
I tried the second TL (after sizing). But I felt at that time it was obsessive.
After trying many of the ways others here do theirs, I took the step below. ↓

I don't do PB, (Plain Base). I have no need to. 45ACP is a freight train slow load. YMMV.

I have a different method (http://home.earthlink.net/~pie/Sonny%27s/Boolit%20Gloob/a_spin.htm) I developed that I use now. The checks are set before loobing. Then through my process they get sized and the checks set with the Lee Push Through.
It is a bit labor intensive. But I think it is worth my efforts.
And being retired, I seem to have a lot of time. :lol: ;)

sabot_round
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the reply Sonnypie. I started looking at PB because I cast for many cals other than the 45 auto. I'm just gathering as much knowledge as possible so when my GC dies get here, I can minimize the trial and error.

That was a pretty good write up by the way. I'm going to save it and try it when I retire from active duty.

SR