PDA

View Full Version : grips for freedom arms revolvers

45r
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM
would like to get some grips for my 454,the rubber ones are kinda big on my field grade.hear that wood or macarta have to be fit since the frames are different for each one,is there a place that makes them a little oversize and I could sand them down to fit.don't want to spend money on shipping the frame both ways and don't want to take it apart unless thats the only way.

44man
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I will get static big time but welcome to the my way or the highway for parts.
I have searched far and wide for stuff for the Freedom for friends. Go to the company and pay, pay big.
The only thing I found were holsters that match other guns like the Colts.
Go to wolff springs and find any, go to Brownells. Find a Herrett custom.
Freedom locks up all parts tight, hardly no aftermarket stuff at all.
You need to go custom.

rbertalotto
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Yup, that's what I found. I want wood or bone grips for my FA83........But FA is the only source...Last I checked I think they wanted $300 and you had to send the gun back..........Add $90 for FedEx shipping and it gets right pricy!

I'm going to make my own...........

Lloyd Smale
12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Scott Kolar makes some beautiful grips and will hand fit them but again you have to ship him the grip frame. Look for SK grips

tek4260
12-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Shipping off the grip frame is the only way to go and USPS Priority will be less than $6. For wood I would contact Carl Schultz or Cary Chapman

http://www.privatescustomgrips.com/
http://clccustomgrips.com/

Or maybe some stag

http://www.sackpeterson.com/

Lloyd Smale
12-30-2011, 06:44 AM
by the way if youve got a dealer thats a friend he can ship that gun through the regular mail for you for the price of a flat rate box and insurance. Like was said if your only shipping the grip frame it can be sent priorty for a few bucks

swat113
12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Shipping off the grip frame is the only way to go and USPS Priority will be less than $6. For wood I would contact Carl Schultz or Cary Chapman

http://www.privatescustomgrips.com/
http://clccustomgrips.com/

Or maybe some stag

http://www.sackpeterson.com/

Carl does Micarta too

FN in MT
12-30-2011, 06:40 PM
I will get static big time but welcome to the my way or the highway for parts.
I have searched far and wide for stuff for the Freedom for friends. Go to the company and pay, pay big.
The only thing I found were holsters that match other guns like the Colts.
Go to wolff springs and find any, go to Brownells. Find a Herrett custom.
Freedom locks up all parts tight, hardly no aftermarket stuff at all.
You need to go custom.

Maybe I have only noticed the NEGATIVE posts...and You DO have some positive posts...but You REALLY have an axe to grind with FA don't You? Seems if you have an opportunity to bash FA you take it.

There are other gun makers who operate the same way...THEIR service center or none at all. Perazzi immediately comes to mind. So not unique to FA.

FN in MT

Frank
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
FN in MT:

Maybe I have only noticed the NEGATIVE posts...and You DO have some positive posts...but You REALLY have an axe to grind with FA don't You? Seems if you have an opportunity to bash FA you take it.
Maybe if YOU didn't have an axe to grind every time Freedom is mentioned negatively there would be no problem. [smilie=b:

Lloyd Smale
12-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Why does every FA post have to turn into a pissing match? The question was a simple one and could apply to any gun even a ruger or bfr.

stubshaft
12-31-2011, 03:38 PM
I would be careful of getting plain wood grips for a 454. The handy dandy impregnated rosewood grips that came with my Premier Grade cracked at about 1100 rds. I replaced them with some black micarta and they have lasted for the last 7200rds so far.

SubDoc768
12-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Scott Kolar does excellent work. Here is my Model 83 with Kolar walnut. His workman ship and prices are great.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/SubDoc/Pupand454006.jpg

slippery sam
12-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I made a nice pair of Grips for my FA83 out of white Delrin. Really tough stuff to work with, but indestructible!

44man
12-09-2012, 12:35 PM

There are other gun makers who operate the same way...THEIR service center or none at all. Perazzi immediately comes to mind. So not unique to FA.

FN in MT
True, not only Freedom. But the fact is that it is hard to find grips for some. Custom is always the way to go but it is expensive. Make your own too. I am sure you can do it.
It is true that you can search far and wide for grips to fit some guns. Go through all of your catalogs from Brownell's down and find any for Freedom. THERE ARE NONE! Look for scope bases. THERE ARE NONE!
I have tried for years for customers and I only tell them to go to the factory or a custom source. I have never saved them a dime unless I wind a new trigger spring to lighten the pull or repair the safety of hammer blocks or transfer bars.
Do you really like to spend $100 for a lighter trigger spring? I did it free. NOTHING needs done for a good trigger except a spring change. Sear contact is perfect.
Call it bashing but it is experience and hard work.
Once you buy a Freedom, the factory is your ONLY choice. They wield the axe.
Go to wolff springs and find anything for Freedom. I have gone through every parts supplier and there is not a single replacement part for a Freedom.
Negative---YES. My axe to grind is the total lock on the gun. They filed bankruptcy recently so what would you do if they went out of business? Reducing wages and benefits to workers will not make a better gun. It happened to Dan Wesson and S&W with changes in ownership.
Kahr Arms bought Magnum Research and reduced barrel length offerings because fools want short barrels in huge calibers. Market sales.
It is you shooters that change what you can buy and when you want nothing but a 2" barrel in a .500 S&W, it is what they make. 10" barrels sit and never get sold because stupid shooters want funny stuff.
It is you shooters that control the market. If a gun only needs one source for anything, why buy it?

cbrick
12-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Look for scope bases. THERE ARE NONE!

Can't argue with anything in your post except that. If my memory is any good (I should go dig them out & look) my Freedom scope base is from Leupold and no, I didn't buy it from the factory. I have never bought anything from the factory except the guns.

Rick

Dennis Eugene
12-09-2012, 01:15 PM
44man, very good and concise reply. The only problem I have with it is
because fools want short barrels in huge calibers. and
10" barrels sit and never get sold because stupid shooters want funny stuff.
I just can't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the use of the words fools and stupid shooters. My self I hate the 10 inch barrel on a revolver,does that make me a stupid shooter? I also have no use for a 2 inch barrel in a big cal. revolver but don't consider those that like them fools. Sincerely Dennis

mellonhead
12-09-2012, 01:24 PM
because fools want short barrels in huge calibers.

Hey, thats me!!!!!

Toby

44man
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Can't argue with anything in your post except that. If my memory is any good (I should go dig them out & look) my Freedom scope base is from Leupold and no, I didn't buy it from the factory. I have never bought anything from the factory except the guns.

Rick
I could not find it at the time. I have the latest from Leupold and there is nothing at all. I have info from every scope and base maker and I can not find anything.
I went to sites and searched with no results.

44man
12-09-2012, 01:45 PM
44man, very good and concise reply. The only problem I have with it is and I just can't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the use of the words fools and stupid shooters. My self I hate the 10 inch barrel on a revolver,does that make me a stupid shooter? I also have no use for a 2 inch barrel in a big cal. revolver but don't consider those that like them fools. Sincerely Dennis
Can't help it. Large calibers do not work good in short barrels. Best to reduce the length of the case. You really agree. a .500 S&W is wasted with a 2" barrel.

shorty500M
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
fools huh? Guess thats me because love my short 2.5 to 3 inch big bores. Scope bases for the freedom arms are available from Leupold, SSK and Lovell. Scott Kolar, Altamont, Eagle and other custom gripmakers provide excellent grips.

44man
12-10-2012, 11:14 AM
It is not personal but there is a thing called over bore capacity. There is a barrel length versus case size where powder will not all burn. You can't reach spin velocity needed. Over bore is also too small a bullet for the case size.
So you switch to a fast powder that you can't even see in the huge case.
You get a huge blast and fireball with a proper load but nothing else unless you want to cook a bear in your face. Some will think the recoil alone makes the gun powerful.
Actually a 1" case will probably shoot as fast.
Even a 30-30 in a 10" barrel is a big pain until you find the right powder, the 45-70 will drive you nuts.
Basic physics.
Some rifle calibers need 26" to 28" barrels like a .300 so when you stick them in a 20" barrel all you have is a very loud 30-06. Would you put a 30-06 in a 3" barrel?
What gain is a .500 S&W in a 3" barrel? You only THINK you have power. I will not even go to the hitting anything part unless you shoot 7 yards.
The truth is that 10" with a .500 S&W is borderline, even not enough. You can't fill a 1.625" case with slow powder and burn it in 3".
But then efficiency and accuracy is where I am. Not noise and blast.
Nobody would stick a .458 or .460 in a 3" gun----or would they?

shorty500M
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
545grain cast slugs not only stabilize and shoot extremely well in short barrels < 3 to 8 inches> but do so while burning h110 /w296, lil gun, 5744, 1680 and 4227 effiently. The S&W twist stabilizes slugs just fine. the .460 is 0VERBORE i do agree because in doesnt and cant perform efficently until slugs reach 400grains plus.

bigboredad
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Ignore all the bs My opinion is get grips made that fit your hand only not a grip that is made to fit the average hand size. Having a grip that fits only your hand will make the gun much more pleasurable to shoot. It seems some people have such a ax to grind that they take the fun out of owning and shooting guns. I wonder how many on here have guns they shoot just because they are fun it doesn't matter if it is the appropriate caliber make or barrel length its just fun. According to some people having fun is stupid or foolish. They take the fun out of everything and try to make you feel bad because you have fun. I guess that's how they get their fun but it really takes the fun out of this forum

MT Chambers
12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
My FA '83 wears the factory micarta grips and that's what I would recommend after hearing about diff. wood grips breaking. As far as big cals. in short barrels go, one of the most popular guns these days are the Redhawks in .454 Casull with 2.5" barrels, they're all over the internet, but not my cup of tea as i like single actions(Freedom Arms).

snowwolfe
12-11-2012, 02:02 AM
What gain is a .500 S&W in a 3" barrel? You only THINK you have power. I will not even go to the hitting anything part unless you shoot 7 yards.
The truth is that 10" with a .500 S&W is borderline, even not enough. You can't fill a 1.625" case with slow powder and burn it in 3".

Interesting comments. Could you post some data showing velocities and bullet weights with the 500 S&W out of various barrel lengths from 3 -10 inches?

44man
12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Interesting comments. Could you post some data showing velocities and bullet weights with the 500 S&W out of various barrel lengths from 3 -10 inches?
I will not own a .500 S&W, no need for it at all. But you miss the point. It takes very little reduction in velocity to make the twist not do it's job. Don't the big S&W's have a gain twist? Shorten the gun and lose some velocity and accuracy goes away.
The reason for the short barrels is from demand for a carry gun, not because they work better. It is the market only.
I am sure somebody here can do the tests but accuracy must also be shown. Go "bang" is not enough. You can shoot a revolver without a barrel too, just the cylinder.
It has been argued that all powder is gone in an inch no matter how slow, sorry, it just does not work that way. I went to the powder companies and the response was "internet idiots"! NOT MY WORDS!
If you think you can get spin for stability and burn a case full of slow powder from a .500 S&W in a 3" barrel just what would you be called? I won't do it myself, I respect your opinion even if wrong.
But this post was about grips and many good suggestions were made.
Case length, capacity and size compared to barrel length should be another post. Why don't you test and post?
Not about fun either, it is fun to put a pile of powder on the ground and light it. Makes good eyebrow burn offs!

thegatman
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I love big guns with short barrels. Just like me........

44man
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Now you are getting NASTY! I represent that comment.

bigboredad
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM
:bigsmyl2:
:bigsmyl2: nice one[smilie=s:

snowwolfe
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I will not own a .500 S&W, no need for it at all. But you miss the point. It takes very little reduction in velocity to make the twist not do it's job. Don't the big S&W's have a gain twist? Shorten the gun and lose some velocity and accuracy goes away.
The reason for the short barrels is from demand for a carry gun, not because they work better. It is the market only.
I am sure somebody here can do the tests but accuracy must also be shown. Go "bang" is not enough. You can shoot a revolver without a barrel too, just the cylinder.
It has been argued that all powder is gone in an inch no matter how slow, sorry, it just does not work that way. I went to the powder companies and the response was "internet idiots"! NOT MY WORDS!
If you think you can get spin for stability and burn a case full of slow powder from a .500 S&W in a 3" barrel just what would you be called? I won't do it myself, I respect your opinion even if wrong.
But this post was about grips and many good suggestions were made.
Case length, capacity and size compared to barrel length should be another post. Why don't you test and post?
Not about fun either, it is fun to put a pile of powder on the ground and light it. Makes good eyebrow burn offs!

I am not missing the point, you went into great detail about how a short barreled S&W 500 bascially was a waste of time so I just ask you to post some data backing up your claim. Otherwise your comments are just made up from stuff you read on the internet.
Just the facts, please.

shorty500M
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
only the .460 has the gain twist and thats only in the 8.375 and longer barrels. The .500s all have a constant twist and with the exception of my 10.5 performance center model they all use 1 in 18, havent checked the long gun but it appears to be at 1 in 15 like my BFR. Cant uploads photos from my mobile but after work will post chrono and accurracy notes from my notes

44man
12-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I am not missing the point, you went into great detail about how a short barreled S&W 500 bascially was a waste of time so I just ask you to post some data backing up your claim. Otherwise your comments are just made up from stuff you read on the internet.
Just the facts, please.
I do not believe anything unless I prove it. I hate gun rags and opinions.
The fact is I have worked with cases too large for barrel lengths for years.
I can't tell you that you can shoot 1" groups at 50 yards and get full velocity from a 3" .500 S&W because it really does go beyond much smaller cases for the barrels that cause a multitude of problems. I can't say from experience with the caliber, just much lesser that did not work.
Are you in a position where you can test? Show chronograph and accuracy tests and I might change my position.

snowwolfe
12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Only ask you to back up what you were saying with some concrete test data about short barreled S&W 500's. I never made any claims. Surely if you posted the information you can back it up with some concrete test data, correct? Otherwise your post is just a continuation of internet rumors. I am not asking you to change your opinion, meerly asking you to prove your points with data.

shorty500M
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Chrono test results from May 5,2012 after completing and prooftesting my custom rifle in .500 Mag. All velocities are from day with exception of the H&R which was sold very quickly after purchase in '06 due to lack of accurracy with any ammo factory or handload. My favorite load for POWER AND ACCURRACY is referenced here because of large supply of data i have for it. NEI #.500-565 mold, actual 545g W/WWQ, Starline brass, WLR primers < pistol caps dont work, they pierce due to pressure>, 30.grain Hodgdon Lil Gun <yes, i have heard its hard on forcing cones, this is my only use of it and the 8.375 S&W is alive and well after 1600rounds of this load since Aug '03! > COAL 2.3inch

shorty500M
12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
S&W 2.75 extreme survival- 1342fps es 23 S&W factory 4 <3inch really> 1338fps es 18 S&W 8.375 1407fps es19 BFR 7.5 <really 8.125 > 1416fps es11 S&W PerformanceCenter10.5 1574fps es9 CUSTOM 18 <pac-nor blank> 1594fps es 7 H&R 22 handi rifle 1571fps es 48 my short range berm is 100yards. from the bench even the short guns with iron sights shoot 3-4 inches, long guns and rifle do 1-1/2 on average day. have loaded big slug down to where 3 or 18 inch barrels only produce 800fps with 12g TrailBoss and accurracy remains there. and duh a 545g slug at 800fps generating 775ft/lbs for those that believe in muzzle energy and calculating a TKO value of 31 for other is a handful of power that makes .429 maggies look like sissies

tek4260
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
You fellers have too much fun with this stuff!

I like my short barrels and as long as I can shoot them reasonably well, I'll stick with them.

With that said, I have some long barrels too in case the urge ever hits to shoot one. Had them for years and the only time I fired them was across the chrony to compare to the short tubes.

So I recom my contribution will be to get both, shoot the one you like.

bigboredad
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
S&W 2.75 extreme survival- 1342fps es 23 S&W factory 4 <3inch really> 1338fps es 18 S&W 8.375 1407fps es19 BFR 7.5 <really 8.125 > 1416fps es11 S&W PerformanceCenter10.5 1574fps es9 CUSTOM 18 <pac-nor blank> 1594fps es 7 H&R 22 handi rifle 1571fps es 48 my short range berm is 100yards. from the bench even the short guns with iron sights shoot 3-4 inches, long guns and rifle do 1-1/2 on average day. have loaded big slug down to where 3 or 18 inch barrels only produce 800fps with 12g TrailBoss and accurracy remains there. and duh a 545g slug at 800fps generating 775ft/lbs for those that believe in muzzle energy and calculating a TKO value of 31 for other is a handful of power that makes .429 maggies look like sissies
I have seen results like this from other calibers and I find it very interesting thanks for posting the results. Makes you wonder who is the fool about short barrels now doesn't it

shorty500M
12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I have seen results like this from other calibers and I find it very interesting thanks for posting the results. Makes you wonder who is the fool about short barrels now doesn't it

yes ballistics can be an amazing course of study. At work so dont have all details but my favorite 5shot only Colt load using a 360grain slug Ross Seyfried designed clocks 1390 in my 4-3/4 Freedom and only picks up 20-25fps when fired in my 7-1/2 versions. If short barrels werent accurate we would have never known the pistolero named Elmer

snowwolfe
12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Interesting comments for sure guys. Seems like the more actual field experience a handgun hunter acquires the more they lean towards shorter barrels. I remember when a 7.5 barrel seemed just about right and now a 5 to a 5.5 seems even better. Heck, I just ordered a Ruger Bisley with the 3.75 barrel. Couple of years ago I ran some loads over my chrono with both my 8 and 4 inch S&W 500's and found only a 40 fps loss with the 4 inch version.

bigboredad
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Interesting comments for sure guys. Seems like the more actual field experience a handgun hunter acquires the more they lean towards shorter barrels. I remember when a 7.5 barrel seemed just about right and now a 5 to a 5.5 seems even better. Heck, I just ordered a Ruger Bisley with the 3.75 barrel. Couple of years ago I ran some loads over my chrono with both my 8 and 4 inch S&W 500's and found only a 40 fps loss with the 4 inch version.

I agree with both you and 500shorty. It's funny that a member here has taken a moose with a Handgun that barrel was less than 5 inches and the moose was taken beyond 25 yards way beyond i mean way way beyond. I've seen Bob Munden god rest his soul do amazing things with a snubbie and I've seen Jerry Miculek do the same things only with the gun upside down. But there seems to be this ego problem that if I can't do it no one can and the internet has helped the old myths stay alive and start some pretty good new ones as well.

When I was younger I thought I had to have a 7.5 inch barrel. Then once I got older and could afford more than one gun I bought a 5.5 inch and I was amazed that the difference was so little. Now I have found the 7.5 to be a bit awkward and I don't thing handguns should be carried in slings like rifles.

shorty500M
12-12-2012, 04:20 PM
I agree with both you and 500shorty. It's funny that a member here has taken a moose with a Handgun that barrel was less than 5 inches and the moose was taken beyond 25 yards way beyond i mean way way beyond. I've seen Bob Munden god rest his soul do amazing things with a snubbie and I've seen Jerry Miculek do the same things only with the gun upside down. But there seems to be this ego problem that if I can't do it no one can and the internet has helped the old myths stay alive and start some pretty good new ones as well.

When I was younger I thought I had to have a 7.5 inch barrel. Then once I got older and could afford more than one gun I bought a 5.5 inch and I was amazed that the difference was so little. Now I have found the 7.5 to be a bit awkward and I don't thing handguns should be carried in slings like rifles.

love them all from 2" snubby up to a Super 16 on my Contender but the favorite packers, hunters and plinkers are all 7-1/2 or less and no heavier than my FA m83

Ed K
12-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Note to self: Don't discuss Freedom Arms on this forum :wink:

Norbrat
12-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Note to self: Don't discuss Freedom Arms on this forum :wink:

Yeah :cry:

Not only does it go of topic real quick, it just becomes a :takinWiz: match

I've been contemplating making some grips for mine, just for fun, and was interested in some tips, but obviously not going to get any joy from this mob. [smilie=b:

bigboredad
12-13-2012, 07:36 PM
If you have the funds I would put some custom grips. If you are handy making your own would be cool especially if you have access to some exotic woods for a good price. If you need some custom grip makers let me no

shorty500M
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah :cry:

Not only does it go of topic real quick, it just becomes a :takinWiz: match

I've been contemplating making some grips for mine, just for fun, and was interested in some tips, but obviously not going to get any joy from this mob. [smilie=b:

grip tips- Pick a hard durable wood. sand on belt or disk sander so "inside" to frame area wilL fit flat. Sand two other sides dead square to each other and the 1st flat. Remove locator stud/pin and with panel locked into corner where cylinder frame and grip frame meet mark dowel hole thru gripframe hole and drill to size and watch depth into blank carefully. After fitting both halves to grip frame as above drill and install screw escuetchons and pull panels down snug. Scribe line flush with gripframe. Remove panels and rough excess off on bandsaw. Using wood rasp, carving knife, dremel, handsanding etc shape grips to fit your hand and frame. Sand smooth and finish as desired. Sounds easier than it is but can be pleasant way to spend afternoon

44man
12-14-2012, 04:12 PM
You fail to see it is merely efficient use of the case size.
A short barrel is better served with a smaller case. If you get 1300 or so from a .500 S&W in a short barrel, it means hard work to find a load and usually means a faster powder that you do not need the huge case for. You increase the size of the gun to huge proportions with nothing more to show for it then the same velocity you can get from a smaller gun and smaller cartridge.
Then you use a huge boolit that can't be spun up in a short barrel for stability.
Your barrel length of choice does not matter, it is the fit to it that should.

bigboredad
12-14-2012, 08:04 PM
that should answer the op's question clearly

tek4260
12-14-2012, 08:55 PM
grip tips- Pick a hard durable wood. sand on belt or disk sander so "inside" to frame area wilL fit flat. Sand two other sides dead square to each other and the 1st flat. Remove locator stud/pin and with panel locked into corner where cylinder frame and grip frame meet mark dowel hole thru gripframe hole and drill to size and watch depth into blank carefully. After fitting both halves to grip frame as above drill and install screw escuetchons and pull panels down snug. Scribe line flush with gripframe. Remove panels and rough excess off on bandsaw. Using wood rasp, carving knife, dremel, handsanding etc shape grips to fit your hand and frame. Sand smooth and finish as desired. Sounds easier than it is but can be pleasant way to spend afternoon

Hey Shorty, where in MS are you located? Nice to see there are other big bore shooters in our fair state.

shorty500M
12-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey Shorty, where in MS are you located? Nice to see there are other big bore shooters in our fair state.

up northeast corner in Ripley lol home of the infamous 1st Monday trade day/fleamarket

Norbrat
12-18-2012, 11:18 PM

Thanks! That's more like it :-)

I've been looking at some Aussie eucalyptus burl, but I reckon that would be really hard to work with, what with it being really hard wood and grain running in all directions.

And the pieces of burl on offer are usually too small, either being pen turning or knife scale blanks.

Maybe I'll have a go with some plain Jarrah, of which I have plenty on hand.

Oh well, another one of those projects for when I finally retire!

greenrivers
12-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I think this started out as a question on grip pannels. I would encourage anyone with any skill at all to at least try making there own. Who knows what fits there hand better? Rocklers carries many burl and exotic woods as well as the tools to make them. A lot of money is not needed. I put a set of moose horn on my Vaquero Montado, (yes I like short too) that I think are as beutiful as any stag. My cost? None. They are from a shed that I found hunting. Give it a try.

tek4260
12-19-2012, 07:43 AM
I think this started out as a question on grip pannels. I would encourage anyone with any skill at all to at least try making there own. Who knows what fits there hand better? Rocklers carries many burl and exotic woods as well as the tools to make them. A lot of money is not needed. I put a set of moose horn on my Vaquero Montado, (yes I like short too) that I think are as beutiful as any stag. My cost? None. They are from a shed that I found hunting. Give it a try.

Before I managed to get some decent grips made for my BFR, I made these. Didn't take long and allowed me to actually shoot my 475.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm35/tk3945/101_1635.jpg

greenrivers
12-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice!
There is a lot to be said for bragging rights with a new set of someone elses work, but more with your own. That really makes it your custom.