PDA

View Full Version : lazy guy's question on lube in sizer

adrians
12-25-2011, 03:54 PM
hi guys ,,, whats the simplist lube to make and pour right into my old 45 lubesizer for velocities under 2000fps?
i have read all the lube stickies but there is so many to digest therefor leaving me with too many options to contemplate.
i just want to cook something up quickly ,pour into my 45 and get to lubing.
i have an abundnce of randy's beeswax and im sure the good lady has something in the kitchen i can steal/ borrow , she also dabbles in making candles if that is benefcial to me. ( she has some "flakey stuff but i don't know what the heck it is)
i will buy it if i have to0 but i don't want to ,so there !!
merry xmas people of the pb world.

:twisted::coffeecom:twisted:

Reload3006
12-25-2011, 04:08 PM
if you have bees wax already and you have some candle wax get some lithium grease.. .White stuff equal amounts of grease and bees wax melt it togather and add some candle wax about 10% to stiffen it up a bit it will work great in all pistol loads.

fryboy
12-25-2011, 07:28 PM
the easiest ? send lars some money for bac :P please note some actually only sound more complicated than they turn out to be ( and quite often worthy of the extra effort ...) 50-60 % beeswax and 50-40% oil or grease of about any kind works saeco green is half beeswax half paraffin etc and works well ( but i made mine a lil hard because i like using heat ) you can modify felix to use other oils that doesnt need the long cooking time ( basically speed green type lube ) tranny fluid is a fav

runfiverun
12-25-2011, 11:01 PM
b.a.c. is really quick if you got the stuff.
other than that the felix is quick but takes patience to make.
i'd go for the lithi-bee with some candle wax and a dash of lanolin.
melt and mix in a large 3-4 cup [not one from the kitchen] glass measuring cup, and pour it in.

adrians
12-26-2011, 07:46 AM
thx. one of those may be stinking up the kitchen today ,,,cos i got lithium grease ,ah ha,,