PDA

View Full Version : What'd you get for Christmas

Hickory
12-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Christmas is always a good time for friends and family.

We had gift exchange last night and, although I did not get much of what I wanted, I did get some nice things.

I'll let you know the one thing the surprised and pleased me.
I got 161 lb of wheel weights from my daughter & son-in-law
sorted and clean, no zinc or steel weights. I'll double check just to make sure.

Beau Cassidy
12-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Dewalt 20 volt litium ion drill/hammerdrill combo.

Olevern
12-25-2011, 11:04 AM
The extended family, no better gift. Plus the warm feeling of helping some local kids have a great Christmas.

Crawdaddy
12-25-2011, 11:21 AM
A 4 wheeler. It is a Chinese brand but still rides nice. I also got health, happiness and a great family.

Merry Christmas everyone and may god bless.

Kraschenbirn
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Being "empty-nesters", wife and I give each other small knick-knack type gifts for Xmas. This year, I got Spence Wolfe's Trapdoor book, a bag of .38-55 brass, a new Lee Autoprime, and a pair of shooting gloves from Cabela's.

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous New Year to All.

Bill

TJF1
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I got a 45/70 double rifle and a healthy happy family.
Happy holidays
terry

rockrat
12-25-2011, 12:03 PM
All the family isn't up yet, so I don't know what I got!!

bbs70
12-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Wife & I been married for 42 years.
For the first time since we've been married we decided not to buy Christmas gifts for each other.
We decided to make sure grandkids have a happy one instead.:bigsmyl2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Tazman1602
12-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh man what a great Christmas! Wife and kids got me a new Ramset tool. Uses .27 caliber blanks to blow nails into concrete walls and the load can be adjusted to use it any way you want!

Best gift I think we got was we had a friend of my daughters stay last night and tonight as she doesn't really have any family. The kid never gets any Christmas gifts or good food and we are feeding her to the max and even had some gifts for her. She cried like a damn three year old when she found out we even had gifts for her.

What a GREAT feeling!!

Got a ten pound prime rib roast I'm gettin' fixin' to put in the smoker pretty quick and cook it until internal temp is around 130-135 degrees. Nice and rare on the inside and close to well around the edges.........I sure ain't going to lose any weight today....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Art

blackthorn
12-25-2011, 12:20 PM
We have what we need so for the last few years we give donations to help those less fortunate. Gail had a diagnosis of breast cancer at this time last year. She had surgery in Jan. 2011 and it looks like they got it all so we have much to be thankful for!!
Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year.

TNFrank
12-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I got a head cold and a shirt.[smilie=s:

Trey45
12-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I got a really nice Farberware electric percolator! Makes 4 cups and makes it FAST, hotter than any Mr. Coffee dripolator makes it. No filters either. I love coffee and I've been looking for a good electric percolator for years and never found one I liked that was cheap enough. Got some good coffee to go with it.

A Casio G shock watch, does more than I'll ever use, & it will hold up to recoil.

My son got me a bunch of dvd's, my favorite is the Robot Chicken Star Wars III. I love Robot Chicken anyhow, and their Star Wars spoofs are hilarious.

Clothes and stuff of course.

My daughter got me a really nice "coffee table" book about collector guns. Beautiful full color pictures, about 300 pages.

I traded my cousins husband one of my S&W J frames for a really REALLY nice Canon lens for my EOS 40D. Never in a million years would I have ever guessed I'd own an L series Canon lens. EF 70-200 2.8 .

My cousin made me a lasagna, she's the best cook I know of and she knows I love her lasagna, so she made me one and froze it. When I got the package to open it, it was freezing cold, should have seen the look on my face when I opened a frozen lasagna!

32" flat screen and a dvd player for my shop.

2 year subscription to guns and blammo

About 5 pounds of homemade candy, fudge, cookies, cake, and chocolate covered pretzles.

My mother damn near went into shock when she opened her giant flat screen I bought for her, then my cousins came in with a new table to put it on, then my kids gave her a dvd player and a bunch of classic movie dvd's to go with it.
She actually cried. Women.......

By far the best Christmas we've ever had, house full of family, loads of good food, and a lot of fun. Hope you all had a Great Christmas Too! Merry Christmas ya'll!!

slim1836
12-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I got to go to a parking lot in Fort Worth yesterday to feed the homeless and needy. Smoked 31 briskets and some hams. Feed several hundred folks and passed out blankets, gloves, socks, and other items. This is an annual church tradition and I hope I get to do it many more years.

My gifts will be determined by a higher up.

Slim

crawfobj
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Slim, that's awesome! I've been blessed more than I ever could have imagined, including a very nice smoker that can handle lots of meat. I'll be looking into how I can do that sometime soon too.

Dschuttig
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
I need some relatives that find me 161lbs of sorted wheel weights!!! That's love....

Doc_Stihl
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
We had a good year at my house and the wife spoiled me with a Ruger RH 41...

Spent the night and this morning with my inlaws and had a great time (I'm thankful for that and remind myself often that not everyone gets inlaws that are 100% the best people imaginable)
Spending this evening with my parents and family and doing christmas all over again.

Just the way it's supposed to be.

Roundnoser
12-25-2011, 12:46 PM
The wife and I have two small children who are just starting to understand the whole "Santa Clause" thing. We adults didn't really exchange any gifts. Just watching the kids vibrate with excitement as they opened presents and eat candy (at 7 am!) was the greatest gift. Nothing makes a parent happier than seeing their children happy and healthy!

As has been said by others on this thread....I am very thankful for the blessings in my life!

Merry Christmas everyone.

altheating
12-25-2011, 12:51 PM
60" LC Television, wasn't expecting that!

Merry Christmas from Upstate New York

LUCKYDAWG13
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM
i got a set of steel ZOMBIE knock over targets & 2 bricks of 22LR from my daughters
i got my self a 1970 marlin model 39

GLL
12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I have wanted one of these old models for years ! Santa brought it ! :) :)

Jerry

http://www.fototime.com/B8BDDB4D3043D62/standard.jpg

buyobuyo
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM
We mainly bought things for the kiddies. I got some socks, a couple pairs of kitchen shear, and salt/pepper mills.

BruceB
12-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Left-handed Ruger Gunsite Scout....the latest in a LOOOOONG progression of wonderful firearms-as-gifts that stretches back to the 'sixties. Very impressive rifle for finish and apparent quality.

I hope it shoots as well as Randy Buchanan's Scout does. He's written extensively about it here on CB.

garym1a2
12-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I had a m91/30 1942 follow me home from a gunshop yesterday. Waiting to check presents later today.

GRUMPA
12-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Santa AKA THE BETTER HALF/DOMESTIC GODESS got me one of those new I-Pads. Don't know whos having more fun me or the other half listening to the colorful language as I' m trying to figure it out. GGRRRRR

Love Life
12-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I got a Remington 700 classic in 8X57 Mauser (8mm). I have to thank Rockrat and my wife for that one!!

Then I got a pair of nice comfy house slippers. You have to really appreciate nice slippers.

Got the Wife some more camera cards, sewing stuff, and a gift card to a photographer for family photos. She is always bugging me for family photos and I hate doing photos in portrait studios. The things you do for love...

Then we made sure there was a mountain of presents for our one and only daughter.

perotter
12-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Last week I found out a family I know didn't have the $ for presents for their kids & aren't the kind that will go into debt to buy them.

I went out Friday & got gift cards for the teens & some real presents for their 4 year old.

On the 23rd I got the smiles from a 4 year old seeing presents for her under the tree and of a 13 year old wrapping them for her little sister. And seeing how excited & happy they were to give me a jacket that had been their departed grandpa's that they quickly wrapped up to give.

Instead of doing my holiday traveling, I went out & got the 13 year old a computer headset I figured out that she wanted. I dropped it off unwrapped & could hardly believe how happy someone could be to get something like that.

Muddy Creek Sam
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
You know the one that changes colors fro red to green when it's level.

Merry Christmas,

Sam :D

GabbyM
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Of interest to this forum.
I received a set of old police trade in 38 Specials. S&W Model 10’s. Pretty scuffed up but we’ll see how they clean and polish up then shoot.
To feed them I got a set of Dillon dies, adaptor plate for the 550, couple of speed loaders and 500 pieces of Starline brass.

WILCO
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I received the following: Homemade Christmas Card, homemade “pajama” pants to lounge around the house in, Jack Daniel’s single barrel select, some Southern Comfort Fiery Pepper, A copy of the Reagan Diaries and a couple of Robot Chicken DVD’s to boot!

Tom-ADC
12-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Still waiting for the kids to show up so we haven't opened anything yet..
I did buy myself a Marlin NIB 336 in 30-30 that I can pick up on the 30th.

Fishman
12-25-2011, 04:16 PM
We generally give nick nacks or sweets to adults in the family and spend the swag on the kids which is great fun. This year my dad departed from tradition because he said he could and who was going to stop him. So to my utter surprise I got a Marlin 45/70 guide gun!

Best gift is still seeing extended family. It's been a year and four months since my younger sister passed away at the too young age of 37. Things won't ever be back to normal but life goes on I guess. At least their dad is doing right by them and taking his parent job very seriously.

My youngest sister has a passle of little ones and they are fun!

Olevern
12-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Last week I found out a family I know didn't have the $ for presents for their kids & aren't the kind that will go into debt to buy them.

I went out Friday & got gift cards for the teens & some real presents for their 4 year old.

On the 23rd I got the smiles from a 4 year old seeing presents for her under the tree and of a 13 year old wrapping them for her little sister. And seeing how excited & happy they were to give me a jacket that had been their departed grandpa's that they quickly wrapped up to give.

Instead of doing my holiday traveling, I went out & got the 13 year old a computer headset I figured out that she wanted. I dropped it off unwrapped & could hardly believe how happy someone could be to get something like that.

Good on you.....Christmas brings out the best in most of us. Guess that's 'cause it's about Christ......God bless you.

Randy in Arizona
12-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Got a gift card to Sportsman's Warehouse and I found a $20. off coupon in the AZ Game proclamation. Have some Winchester 25-'06 brass for the 243 Super Rockchucker in mind.
A Couple of DVDs; Winchester 73 & a dual movie set of the Addams Family flicks.
A pair of Flannel shirts and a tin of Danish Sugar cookies.

SWMBO got a sewing machine, Daughter got a Wii.
Sons got an assortment of games, DVDs, clothing, and tools.

Anyone want to sell a Lyman 300136 mold?

Triggerhappy
12-25-2011, 04:52 PM
My wife and I are especially blessed this year as we're having our first child in a little over a week, a son, Oliver William. We can't wait. Spent a bunch on all kinds of clothes, toys, the usual stuff for babies. His room is overflowing with his stuff. We truly are blessed.

I have the best wife in the world! She's really been working hard to keep him healthy through gestational diabetes. He should be about 8.5# when we induce on the 3rd of January.

We went over to the in-laws last night for Christmas gift giving. Mom in law got Oliver a really nice three wheel stroller (That might become a rifle cart in a couple of years). They got me a new 8" and 10" cast iron fry pans which I started seasoning with bacon this morning. Yum.

We wish everyone at Castboolits a safe and sane Christmas and New Years. Don't forget what Christmas is really about.

Brian

sundog
12-25-2011, 05:10 PM
We went over to the in-laws last night for Christmas gift giving. Mom in law got Oliver a really nice three wheel stroller (That might become a rifle cart in a couple of years). Brian

Ah, a man with vision! Does the young'un have a shootin'arn for that soon-to-be gun buggy yet?

MtGun44
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I got a Red Ryder BB gun! Really. My sister-in-law, who bought it, has a great sense of humor
and warned my not to shoot my eye out. I will have some fun with it, plus I will use it to teach
some friend's kids to start shooting.

I got some stoage bins from the wife, a nice shirt and a Porsche book with some DVDs of
sounds of racing Porsches.

Sounds like Triggerhappy is getting the best present of all. Congratulations, sir!

Bill

danielk
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
First Christmas being married, my wife blind sided me with a dillon xl 650!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

clodhopper
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I got a T-shirt and a book, 18 relatives plus a few stragglers at my house last night for the gift opening. I was given better stuff than presents under the tree.
The grandkids fared well.
Dumped an armload of stuff in the toys for tots box right after Thanksgiving, and stuffed some goods in the food bank basket Christmas eve.
Disclamer, picked out a nice vortex viper 30mm tube scope and mounted it on anschutz 64. Was fireing it a week before before Christmas.

bigjason6
12-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I got to hang out with the coolest nieces and nephews an uncle could ever have! Oh yeah, got some clothes and a new pair of slippers too. ;)

RKJ
12-25-2011, 05:40 PM
My DIL got me a Coffee table book "Ruger & his Guns" I'm looking forward to drooling over that. My wife got me a box of .357 JSP's (I need the brass) :) and a bunch of sweatshirts and jeans (that I needed). She got a Kindle Fire and some other things that she picked out. She also fixed a very nice dinner which I'm recovering from now. My grand kids had a lot of fun and are really the enjoyment for us. We spend Christmas eve with the family (,brothers & sister, kids and grand kids) it's hectic but fun. It was a very nice Christmas and to all, I hope yours was great.

HollowPoint
12-25-2011, 05:43 PM
I got a new Barrel Blank, Chamber reamer and some fresh brass.

I also got the Flu for Christmas. No complaints.

HollowPoint

kliff
12-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Of interest here.... a Lee Pro 1000 reloader w/9mm & 38/357 dies and accessories, and 2 pistols, an SR9 Ruger and a Taurus Mo# 627 SS( not yet deliverred.....dagnabbit!), new molds, lee 4-20 pot....

And while I was waiting for Santa, on Christmas Eve, I melted down a bucket of wheel weights, and poured 52 "muffins." Close to 100lbs.

Can't wait to get that 627!

RayinNH
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I got a new future daughter in law. My son gave his sweetie a diamond ring for Christmas...Ray

missionary5155
12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Greetings & Merry Christmas
Received a new tool box to haul my shooting supplies to my little mountain range on the Kawasaki. Plus new vanes for my delapedated arrows.
Mike in Peru

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I got to spend the day with my Daughter's family.

gun related gifts:
My daughter and SIL gave me some interesting "splatter" targets.
I guess they are suppose to splatter when hit,
they look like regular thick paper targets.
they are the Zombie politician series.

I gave my Daughter a MFRB full of 38 and 357 cast loads for a revolver I gave her last year.
My SIL got a Voere 22LR single shot rifle...a project I haven't finished, that I think he will like to finish.
Jon

DLCTEX
12-25-2011, 09:04 PM
The thing that would be of interest here would be a Turkey fryer from Bass Pro. A really sturdy unit. Thanks to son and DIL.

M4bushy
12-25-2011, 09:38 PM
My wife got me the" Tipton best gun vise" I don't know how I got buy with out it for all these years. It makes cleaning rifles so much easier.

bruce drake
12-25-2011, 10:01 PM
My wife bought me a set of LEE Dippers for Christmas to go along with a bunch of other noncasting/reloading materials. The big expenses were for the children and they made out like bandits.

Bruce

btroj
12-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Ranch Dog 359175 mould from my wife.

Big surprise was the CZ 550 American in 375 H&H from my FIL 1shirt. Thisis the rifle he used this past fall for cape buffalo and now it is mine. Was not expecting anything of this sort.

Now I need a scope and dies.

Mk42gunner
12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
My daughter gave me a new billfold, mine had been getting kind of ratty for the last year or so; but the new pup getting ahold of it a couple of weeks ago was the last straw...

A bucket of wheelweights from my best friend. Any zinc ones will become snagging weights. The rest are going to become boolits.

My "nephew" (in quotes because he is really my best friend's nephew) gave me a Moisin Nagant M44, the guy he got it from had shot corrosive ammo and didn't clean it, so the bore looks like about eighty miles of bad road. It still has strong rifling, so I am soaking and cleaning the barrel right now.

If it doesn't clean up, I have another M44 that has excessively tight headspace, maybe this bolt will work in it. We always hear about mismatched bolts and excessive (loose) headspace; I got one the other way.

Best of all, my family is healthy.

Robert

beagle
12-25-2011, 11:13 PM
This year I treated myself to a new set of Lyman manuals. The reloading, the Cast and the Shotshell.

I've been living in the past for years and decided it was about time.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas at their spread. Tomorrow, #2 son and the grandson come and since that's the "shootin'" side of the house, we'll burn some powder and sling some cast and try out some new moulds and an old shotmaker./beagle

plus1hdcp
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
I got to help my son put together some Lego sets!!!

Merry Christmas to all at CastbOOlits

hedgehorn
12-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Fed Ex brought me my three new magazines for the xd45!

txbirdman
12-26-2011, 12:54 AM
My kids went together to get me a new Lee cast iron turret press along with 7 extra 4 hole turrets which I setup today and really like. Also got a CZ 75B for myself

hedgehorn
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Your gonna love that CZ

geargnasher
12-26-2011, 01:42 AM
I got a new future daughter in law. My son gave his sweetie a diamond ring for Christmas...Ray

That's wonderful, Ray, wish them the best from the Gearnasher household. I got my future wife for Christmas four years ago when she said "yes!", very special time.

Gear

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-26-2011, 01:55 AM
My lovely wife got me the $200 for the tax stamp that goes with the YHM Cobra II suppressor that's going on my 300 BLK AR-pistol. And two books I have been lusting after. And, ta-dah!; a vicuna wool V-neck sweater and lightweight alpaca turtleneck. She took a vacation in Peru last month, and did a lot of her shopping for me there.

And, over this year, lots of new friends here and on AR.

I am truly blessed.

God Bless all of you, best wishes for a joyous and prosperous New Year of 2012.

Rich

lead-1
12-26-2011, 02:28 AM
I got about 150 bucks in gift cards for the local gun shop.

waksupi
12-26-2011, 02:36 AM
From what I could hear from where I was fishing today, everybody in a five mile radius got a new firearm of some sort.

Bullet Caster
12-26-2011, 02:44 AM
My wife & I spent a nice Christmas eve with my Marine buddy. After a great meal we sat around and watched a little boob tube. My wife got me a pound of IMR 4895 and a Lee FCD for .30-06; I got a new boolit mould, cutter and case prep tools, .30-06 RCBS dies and 50 pieces of brass thanks to a great member here at CastBoolits. Also some .30 gas checks from another great member here. I made my special "Christmas cookies" and sent out a few boxes to friends and family. All in all it was a great Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here at Cast Boolits and a very prosperous New Year. Bullet Caster.

casterofboolits
12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Due to work shedules, we had our gift opening and December birthday party on the evening of the 23rd. Grandson turned 13 on the 23rd, Grand daughter turned 10 today. Ice Cream cake for the boy, Hello Kitty cake for Grand daughter.

The front room was knee deep in wrappings, bags, bows, ribben and packing tissue! A good time was had by all seven grand kids.

My personal swag was a Barnes & Nobel Nook and seven "Duke" movies!

Now, if I an just figger out how the Nook works, I'll be rolling in clover!

Merry Christmas to all.

Down South
12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
The wife and I did not get each other anything this year. We are better at getting what we want ourselves. We only gave gifts to the grandkids this year.
We did give Christmas gifts to an 8-yr old girl in an orphanage. She had a wish list and we filled most of it and then gave a couple extra gifts that were not on her list.

akajun
12-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Got a set of gauge blocks and 10 boxes of privi 6.5x55 ammo.
As a stocking stuffer, I got a reverse peephole viewer from my inlaws, which was wierd, but is pretty cool.

MBTcustom
12-26-2011, 11:05 PM
I got a set of four ball-peen hammers, a rubber hammer, clothes, and a red-rider bb-gun!
I also got a real nice masonic ring and a spyderco endura knife.

I got my wife a lid for the cast iron skillet and a cast iron dutch oven. I gave her the dutch oven on the 23rd so that I could use it to cook our Christmas roast. a few coals on the ground outside and 3 hours later we had the best roast ever!

50-170-700 sharps
12-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Had a great time with family and friends and got:
A good digital camera
a 10 round 17 hmr magazine
a protektor rear sand bag
a ruger bx-25 for my 10-22
and a shiloh sharps coffee mug! (next i'll have to get a rifle (-: )

ErikO
12-27-2011, 11:28 AM
This year I got:

a Garmin Nuvi50 GPS for the car
a copy of A Christmas Story...need to get a copy of "In God we trust, all others pay cash" so my son can read about the rest of Ralphie's life.
a quiet, restfull Christmas
a ten year old that still believes in Santa
great family memories that will last for a lifetime.

My son was actually disappointed that he DIDN'T get a Red Ryder BB gun. We will be rectifying that issue either this weekend or next. ;)

ph4570
12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
A propane heater for my reloading shed
A couple of jugs of fine porto, one tawny and one ruby
Jerky
A big jug of Ale
Pack of cashew nuts
Movie DVDs
A pair of fine, lined rubber boots
A week of leisure with the family

Oh, nearly forgot,

A new Springfield Armory National Match M1A

fatnhappy
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I got everything I wanted. Christmas with my family.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/lhsjfk3t/099.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/lhsjfk3t/103.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/lhsjfk3t/102.jpg

frkelly74
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM
My wife got me two of those OVE GLOVES, bless her heart. I gotta go try'em out now.

Ajax
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
This year i got a Custom flintlock made by a helluva gunsmith (waksupi), I got my self a H&R 12 ga pump shotgun, got some clothes a cast iron skillet and cast iron griddle. Wife got a new computer, some clothes and a few other gifts she selected for me to buy her. None of that compares to the look on my 14 year old sons face when he saw the rossi trifecta i got him for christmas. There is just something about a smile that shows feet that you will never forget. He made out like a bandit he is the only nephew to 2 uncles only grand child only great grandchild. we had a awesome meal with the in laws and enjoyed the family environment. In 17.5 years in the service i was only home for 3 christmas's. so just being home was amazing.

Andy

LabGuy
01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, I got a brick of 22s, RCBS hand priming tool, air attachment for my Star, and the big surprise a Springfield 1911 Range Officer. But the best part was time with the family, even had two days at the range with my wife and daughter!

AllAlaskan
01-05-2012, 05:44 AM
My wife surprised me with one of these :D

Its a 2012 Diamond Outlaw R.A.K system included. I had it set to 60lbs till I can get use to it then start bumpind it up till its up to 70 and comfortable for me.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/AK_05_ZX5/016-21.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/AK_05_ZX5/015-18.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/AK_05_ZX5/017-14.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/AK_05_ZX5/022-8.jpg

Atm I just have 3 arrows a friend gave me that will work till I can go buy some for my bow. Im looking forward to Hunting with it this fall, so long I pass my Bow certification for hunting large game.

Any way, Thats what I got for Christmas.

MBTcustom
01-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Thats a heck-of-a-bow you have there AllAlaskan! Its made by diamond which is a subsidiary of Bowtech. Bowtech revolutionized the industry with the first parallel limb design bow and they still make the best one IMHO. As you can see, they are made in America and they have the best warranty in the business. I always shot PSE but I have wanted one like that for quite a while because of there superb quality. Enjoy!

Mooseman
01-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I got 1/2 of a laptop and a Cherry Pie !

Rich

ihmsakiwi
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Christmas is always a good time for friends and family.

We had gift exchange last night and, although I did not get much of what I wanted, I did get some nice things.

I'll let you know the one thing the surprised and pleased me.
I got 161 lb of wheel weights from my daughter & son-in-law
sorted and clean, no zinc or steel weights. I'll double check just to make sure.

Best thing that happened to my shooting is getiing my (now 17YO) daughter into IHMSA silhouette shooting back when she was 8 years old. Every birthday since and Christmas she has checked with my shooting buddie to see what I "need".

This Christmas I got a near new set of Bomar sights for a T/C, I also got a Weaver 4 power scope for my Freedom Arms single shot barrel in .223. Not to mention plenty of fishing hooks and tackle for my other hobby. Peter.:p:p

MT Gianni
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
My wife and I both got Kindle Fires from Joint Checking. It gives a lot of presents but gets little recognition. SIL drew my family name and gave me a brick of primers.

HeavyMetal
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Kind of a strange story for my Christmas.

My eldest daughter moved out in late October of this year in the usual "huff" that kids in thier late 20's sometimes get because your not supporting them as they think you should.

When she left she had managed to "pilfer" every picture of her mother she could find and did so without asking.

The wife passed in 07 so to say my youngest dughter and I were not happy is a bit of an understatement.

With the holidays upon us and not having been given a new address I decided I'd wait until after the New Year, hoping she's cooled off, and then see what I could actually do legally to recover my photo's.

So much for setting the stage for Christmas.

I have been dating a nice gal since Jan. of last year and our 1 year anniversary is rapidly approaching.

Took here to Thanksgivng at my sisters house in Sacramento where she met most of the family including my mother.

The two of them hit it off, as did everyone else, and we had a great Thanksgiving!

Now you see how the plot thickins!

Christmas day I have several large heavy packages holding up the Christmas tree.

The first one turns out to be four very nice LEATHER photo alblums with pictures of my childhood, family from the East coast ( I was born in Buffalo) a couple pictures of my Dad and most of the pictures of my wife the kid made off with!

Seems the GF contacted everyone in my family asking for copies of any pictures of the wife and they not only sent those but Mom added all the B&W stuff as she had always wanted me to have them but hadn't had a "real" reason to sort through them all.

The hard part of all this was actually finding photo alblums!

It was a very thoughfull gift and one I will treasue for many years.

The second package turned out to be a Craftsman roll away tool box! Platnium and Black to keep my house hold tools in, and seperate from, my car tools and gun tools!

I'm thinking I'll keeping this girl!

mud lake
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
My wife and I have never exchanged Christmas gifts in the 41 years we've been married. It is Christmas every day of the year for us and if we want something we buy it. Same for Birthday, Anniversary and all other "giving" occasions. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving and that too is a daily celebration. We are both blessed to be Americans living in America. What else could one want???

William Yanda
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Lee 4-2 and Lyman Cast 4th ed. They asked. Already have the thermocouple mounted, building and assembling the PID box with a 25w ssr from fleabay-$40

letsmeltlead2693
02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I got a cast iron cornbread pan that make pie shapes, rotary tool set, accessories for rotary tool set, 2 games, gift card, clothes, a bank sinker mold, and $100. The person who got wheelweights is exactly what I wanted for Christmas. Love lead and can't have enough of it.