PDA

View Full Version : Not a creature was stirring...except a two year old!

MBTcustom
12-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Mrs. goodsteel and I got the last of the presents wrapped, laid the stocking on my daughters bed, cleaned up after our Christmas feast, and watched the Christmas episode of Touched By An Angel (tradition). Finally stumbled off to bed at 11:45.
My 2 1/2year old daughter woke up at 2:00am and came into our bedroom dragging her new Radio-Flier wagon that Santa left loaded with presents. She kept saying "daddy, daddy, come see! eee clause ate cookies! (Santa Clause ate the cookies)"
There was no going back to bed at that point, so we got up and had Christmas morning. I'm about to fall over, but I must say, this is probably going to be a personal high point having seen that little one so worked up.
I was also very proud that she didn't go making a mess and tearing into everything like I have seen other kids do, She carefully unwrapped each present one at a time, and said "thank you".
I'm very proud of her (and my wife who has the good sense to teach her some manners!)
Merry Christmas everybody! I hope each one of you has as good a time as I have had, and gets more sleep!
God bless!

Bad Water Bill
12-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Merry Christmas Daddy and mommy. Yes it brings back fond memories of my daughter.

Cherish every moment because sometimes they seem to grow up overnight and are adults before we have finished getting dressed.

Olevern
12-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Been up since 5:30 a.m. (went to bed at 2 a.m.) the older I get the less I sleep. Anyway, waiting for the grandkids and great-grandkids to get up.

Glad you had a fullfilling morning.

Stephen Cohen
12-25-2011, 08:07 AM
God bless the kids on Cristmas morning, enjoy it while you can all mine are grown up now, This was the first year I have had no Granchildren to be with on Cristmas morning. I live on the east coast of Australia and they on the West. God I miss them.

3006guns
12-25-2011, 08:31 AM
It's 4:30 am here and I'm the only one stirring. Grandkids will be over around nine o'clock for the wrapping paper slaughter.....can't wait to see how my 14 month old grandson reacts!

To see the look on children's faces is what the joy of Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas and God bless all.

Houndog
12-25-2011, 08:46 AM
This post brings back lots of fond memories! My Daughter turned 40 yesterday. (she was my Christmas present our first Christmas) I'm waiting for my Grandson to show up and he DEFINATELY won't be neat like the original poster's Daughter!

We ALL need to be sure we teach them the reason for this season. May GOD bless everyone this day!

Isaac
12-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Yup! I remember those early morning's very well. Few things are as memorable as a childs face on Christmas morning.

A safe and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Isaac

high standard 40
12-25-2011, 09:19 AM
goodsteel
That's awesome. It sounds like you are doing a great job of bringing up that young lady. It brings back memories of when my daughter was that age.

Merry Christmas.

dragonrider
12-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I remember back when my kids where young, 40+ years ago, we had to wake them up on Christmas morning. But once up the insanity would begin. Now Christmas morning is like any other around here, quiet and peaceful, that is until we get to my daughters house...........then the insanity begins. [smilie=p: :bigsmyl2:

runfiverun
12-25-2011, 02:25 PM
when my kids were young i took steps to prevent them getting up too early.

i bundled them all up, took them out for food, drove them 50-60 miles to look at some christmas light displays in a park, and then at houses that were done up nicely on the way home.
once back on the freeway they all pretty much crashed and had to be carried into the house.
the presents were put out and i went to bed.
usually got at least 6 hours before they got up.

Fishman
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Memories in the making. Merry Christmas!