PDA

View Full Version : GunShow Deal--SAECO 130 4C--10Bucks

BossHoss
12-24-2011, 09:53 AM
WOW,

The CastBoolit Gods are with me!!! Met up with a gentlemen at a local Gunshow, and scored big time.

I got a Vintage Saeco #130 4 Cavity Mould in the box for 10 Bucks.

Also two other molds for 10 bucks....

A Vintage Brass insert IDEAL DEWC 38 single Cavity and a Lee 440 RB...(I took the Lee just to give him another ten bucks,lol.)

Also, a Vintage Lyman Model 61 furnace with mould guide, Lyman ignot molds, for 20 bucks.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/198424ef5d657f40b1.jpg

I also got a lot of his brass and and ammo cans for a buck a piece. He had 75lbs of linotype, one large 18lb ignot and a bunch of cast culls, and lyman ignots. He wanted 50 for the lead, and by the time I got back to my truck with the first load while thinking about it, (I have a lot of lead), another guy spoke for it, and then was rude to him, when he wouldn't haggle. But the jerk took it anyway.

This man was 87years old and getting out of the hobby, he has an old Star he is going to sell me at the next show...a San Diego one, also a Star Reloader that he say he has 3 toolhead for .but something broke on it a bunch of years ago and he never fixed it.

Super cool to get an elders stuff, regardless of price, after talking to him for an hour, he told me he was happy his stuff was going to someone who was Gung Ho....that's when I found out he was a Marine in WWII, we were brothers.

I love gunshows. I will post the IDEAL mold pic, here later...it has to be a collectable...at least 50 years old.

richhodg66
12-24-2011, 10:06 AM
I like gun shows too, especially the small ones in little Kansas towns we have now and then. Seems like the big shows just have new dealer stuff, at the little shows, the shoe boxes of old neat stuff come out and the interesting folks show up.

Good for you, sounds like an excellent experience all the way around.

MakeMineA10mm
12-24-2011, 11:56 AM
WOW! What a deal. Make sure you pay him too much for the Star at the next show. He deserves it for being an old-time caster and gentleman.

The guy arguing on the lead - I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt... Was he aware it was Linotype? Around here, if that was "just lead" or WWs, that $50 for 75 lbs would be a high price... That's the only thing I can think of... For Linotype, that's a great price, IMO...

BossHoss
12-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I plan on having a gift for him, next show. I have some venison sausage and snack sticks for him. He had 2 50cal Hawkens he sold for 50 a piece,....loads of 270 jacketed at 5 bucks...just so much stuff...

Yes, this was a small show...a single room at a banquet hall...

onceabull
12-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Great finds for you,and a new friend ,too.. Hereabouts that 4c mould would have been gone in the first 5 minutes to another dealer during Friday afternnon setup time.. The small town shows 40 miles or more away from the great State of Ada where the gent is hauling in his treasures on Saturday AM,because he can still get a table for $ 35-40 will now and again yield up a pearl or two if you are line at the opening.. The gun show gypsy operators are asking $ 55/table at the Twin Falls County G.S. now,and we are not seeing near as many of the one table localites as in olden times...I'm still showing a mould or three ,and two/three varieties of boolits,but those are there primarily as conversation starters at the larger shows.... hapy hunting, Onceabull