PDA

View Full Version : wHt was I given

tomme boy
12-23-2011, 11:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/tommeboy/100_0912.jpg

Was at the GF's parents house tonite, her father says he has something for me. He says lets go out to the barn. He says, I bought these at an aution a long time ago. I think I have about 200 of them. Says he never got around to using them!!! Says he paid $40 for all of them.

Told me to grab a couple and if I need more to come get them when I need them. Told me don't you sell any of these. They are for you only. OK, no problem.

He also gave me a little over 100 of the Lyman 1lb ingots. He said they were all from cast bullets out of the inside range in town. They seem really hard.

I think I am set for a little while. I just wanted to show these.:D:D;) So what is virgin lino come out as?

Jailer
12-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Says right on them Linotype. He has 200 of them?! :shock:

Does your girlfriend have a sister? :bigsmyl2:

I hope you bought that man something nice for Christmas.

tomme boy
12-24-2011, 12:01 AM
He was going to use them for weights on his tractor! Never got around to melting them down.

Jal5
12-24-2011, 12:21 AM
WOW Merry Christmas to you!
Buy him his favorite beverage and get the good stuff. :)

sqlbullet
12-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Linotype is 84% lead 12% antimony and 4% tin. It makes fine but expensive boolits by itself especially for rifles and autoloading handguns.

It is used most commony to 'sweeten' pure lead or ww alloy. A mixture of 1/3 pure linotype/pure lead will also make a fine alloy for almost any purpose.

Those are 25 lb pig i believe. 200 of them woul work out to 5000 lbs. That is a bullet casters dream.

tomme boy
12-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I weighed them out last night. 20lb 6 oz-9oz. I about fell over when he said he was going to use them for weight for his tractor. He said he bought a front wheel assist instead. I don't even know what I am going to do with it. Range scrap is working really well for me. I don't see my self getting into casting for a rifle other than my 45 colt Handi rifle. I supposed I could use a little for this.

a.squibload
12-25-2011, 06:32 AM
If they are just sitting there unused you should
hook up GF's Dad with this site, he could turn that pile
into some gas money!

When you said he wanted to show you something in the barn
my first thought was how much did she tell him?

:shock:

WILCO
12-28-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't even know what I am going to do with it.

Set them aside and hang onto them. You'll find a use for that alloy sooner or later.

DODGEM250
12-28-2011, 08:09 AM
I got a bit worried about you right when you said, "her father says he has something for me. He says lets go out to the barn"

Most BF's don't return from the barn.

tomme boy
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Yah I know. He practices the 3 s's. Shoot, Shovel, Shut your mouth!