PDA

View Full Version : "New" RCBS 35-20 FN E-Bay Find!

seagiant
12-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi,
Thought I would show an orphan mold I got with handles off of E-Bay. Not a great deal at $80 shipped but they look like they were used very little almost new except for some light surface rust.

I had the Lyman RN model and although a very good boolit always wanted the FN and this boolit seems to have a very good rep here! I will take some more pics as I clean it up and see how it cast.

cbrick
12-23-2011, 09:34 PM
That is a geat bullet design, shoots good in everything I 've shot it in. Show us some more pictures after ya get it cleaned up so we can see how it turned out.

Rick

seagiant
12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi,
Well I cleaned it up and after getting the light rust and dirt off,I think I was right in that this mold has seen very little service! When you get as close to new price as I did there's not much wiggle room if you find some issues! Of course you always have the option of throwing yourself at the mercy of the nice lady at RCBS!!!

I'm going to try and cast some boolits with it tomorrow and see how it does!

seagiant
12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi,
Well I guess I got a deal after all,this mold is great! I preheated it on my hot plate and giving it the treatment with Bullplate, after about 5 boolits they started coming out with no defects and after about 25 the boolits were dropping out on their own as I opened the mold! Here's some pics!

imashooter2
12-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Congrats! That should keep you shooting for an afternoon. ;)

clodhopper
12-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I sure like that bullet.
Bambi, and all his relatives just lay down and die whenever they come to meet...or should it be meat?

Loony44
12-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I have the same mold, sent it to buckshot and had it hp'ed, shoots great in my Marlin 35 and my 357 herrett. And may I say Buckshot as always did a great job.
Hope yours cast the size you want.

Loony44