PDA

View Full Version : Pb Blocker?

kelbro
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I know that this product got thrashed here a while back. Since it is still selling (well according to Dillon), I was curious if anybody here has seen good results.

geargnasher
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
I still use it to help keep the decapping stems in my Lee dies from slipping. Smearing a trace of it on the stem makes it grab the jam nut like you wouldn't believe. If you try it, don't get it on the threads, use EP grease for them.

Gear

ku4hx
12-23-2011, 06:21 AM
I'll assume this is the product in question: http://www.pbblocker.com/

The last time I saw one of my bores leaded like the photo on the left was in the late '60s when I was shooting factory [soft] lead stuff in my Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum. That problem disappeared when I learned how to cast, lube and size beginning around 1970.

If it works for you great, but looks to me like a solution hunting for a problem. If it's so good why not make a lube from the stuff and market to the boolit casters of the world?

mroliver77
12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
I believe it was given more than a fair chance on this forum. Guys tried hard to make it work as advertised to no avail. From the results they experienced there is no way I would try it if it was free. That and the fact I don't need it.
J

kelbro
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Same opinion here. I don't have a leading problem. I got a bottle as a free sample and after reading the reports on here, I just put it up. Saw the bottle on the bench yesterday and just wanted to check back and see if anybody else had tried it.