PDA

View Full Version : C R Specialties Shotgun reloader

richhodg66
12-21-2011, 06:42 PM
While perusing through a shop I get to now and then (bought a Lee Load All cheap to begin my shotshell reloading adventures) there was this huge, heavy and well made shotgun reloader, blue in color and all metal castings it seems. Lettering on it said CR Specialties which I guess was a vendor in the Kansas City area years ago.

Anyone have experience with these? It looked to be in great shape and seemed to be complete. The guy didn't want much for it. I'm thinking about going back and picking that up after I've had time to play with this load all and see if I like it first.

threett1
12-21-2011, 07:00 PM
C&R was one of the finest gunshops in the area many years ago. It was square in the middle of KC without apology. It moved several years ago and I lost track of it.

UNIQUEDOT
12-21-2011, 11:37 PM
The press was probably made by Bair for C&R. If it's all there and not too expensive it might be worth it to you since they usually don't wear out in a few lifetimes.

richhodg66
12-22-2011, 10:50 AM
It's much heavier and better made than any other shotgun reloader I've seen (but to be fair, shotgun loading hasn't really been my thing). I think it's all there, even still had a half full hopper of #6 shot and some kind of powder.

He wanted $45 for it. The Lee Load all turned out to be a 20 gauge loader, which I didn't realize til after I got it home. Not sure what I'll do with it now, it was cheap and maybe it'll just go on the shelf in case I ever decide to start loading 20 gauge.

LUBEDUDE
12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
If it's all there and works, sounds like a deal. A lot of those oldies are really good ones.

Mk42gunner
12-23-2011, 02:57 AM
In the late 1980's C&R was in Grandview, (on Blue Ridge BLVD I think) in a stripmall just northwest of Truman Corners. Then another gunshop was in the same place for a few years, it has closed now too.

Robert