PDA

View Full Version : Hensley & Gibb Autocast Blocks

Texasflyboy
02-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Just as an FYI, three sets of Hensley & Gibbs autocast blocks appeared on e&ay tonight.

These two cavity blocks will not fit two cavity hand cast handles. These blocks were made for specific automatic casting machines. They are easily identified by the following:

1. They are always two cavity
2. They have a vertical slot in the block for attachment vs. a horizontal slot on the hand cast blocks.
3. They rarely if ever are offered with sprue plates. For the machines these were made for, I assume the sprue plate is attached to the machine an operates differently than hand cast sprue plates.

Info is FYI...

If you have an autocast machine that uses these, now is your chance to get them.

LAH
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
H&G verses Ballisti Cast. I have Ballisti Cast 2 cavity Auto Moulds. These use a horizontal key way. The key is held in place by a vertical pin with a horizontal roll pin keeping the vertical pin from falling out. The sprue plate it held via a spring loaded bolt/nut in a vertical hole drilled completely throught the mould half.

Having said that I've never seen a H&G machine mould. They sound completely different. Thanks for the FYI.....................Creeker