PDA

View Full Version : White Label Lube LS-STUFF's XLOX review

evan price
12-19-2011, 04:44 AM
This was my first purchase from Lar's White Label Lubes (LSSTUFF).

I understand he's a member here.

I ordered a 32-oz bottle of Liquid XLOX from his eBay site since it seemed easier than other methods, just click and pay via PayPal.

Order was at my doorstep in a week, but there were emails about order status when received and when shipped. That's nice, letting me know it was coming.

Lars seals the jug with the original foam/foil seal under the cap. Then wraps the cap in electrical tape. Then puts the jug in a plastic bag. Then puts that in a Tyvek USPS envelope. Then puts that in a USPS flat-rate envelope. Then he tapes up the envelope.

Needless to say, there was NO leakage and NO damage.

Product was a lot thicker and gloppier than the Lee ALOX, which seems smoother and a bit thinner. In my case, this was absolutely perfect since I was going to thin it myself, and no need to pay for shipping thinner when what I needed was ALOX. The final product was identical in every way to Lee's ALOX, in terms of color, thickness, smell and taste. (Well, maybe not taste but I swear I can taste the stuff from the smell). Dries quick, coats fine, my finished bullets looked the same as LEE ALOX coated ones.

Shoots fine, works great, price is very good, and the sale was handled in a very professional manner. Two thumbs up for LS-STUFF.

I have one piece of advice:
The USPS has a PADDED flat rate envelope that is not available at the post office. You have to order it from the USPS web site. It costs the same as a regular cardboard flat-rate envelope to ship. It is a bubble-padded style envelope which might provide even more protection to your lube sticks or jugs. The USPS sends them to your door for free. They are specifically touted as being for large or irregularly-shaped objects.

My local PO has gotten a bit cranky about flat-rate envelopes that are not flat (1/4" tall max) and envelope shaped, and would not have wanted to send out the jug of XLOX in a flat-rate envelope. With the USPS budget crunch look for them to crack down on flat-rate shippers even more.

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10007166&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000002&top_category=10000002&categoryId=10000036&top=&currentPage=2&sort=&viewAll=N&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10007166

Just FYI, Lars, hope it helps. Thank you for doing what you do!

garym1a2
12-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I like their BAC lube the best in my 9mm and 45acp.
Its better than I make and no work.

SciFiJim
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
My local PO has gotten a bit cranky about flat-rate envelopes that are not flat (1/4" tall max) and envelope shaped, and would not have wanted to send out the jug of XLOX in a flat-rate envelope. With the USPS budget crunch look for them to crack down on flat-rate shippers even more.

I went through that BS with the local Post Office a year ago. Seems the story is that some HQ puke sent out a memo to not accept flat rate envelopes more than 1/4 inch thick. He did so without prior approval of higher ups and had his head handed to him. "If it fits it ships" is still the policy. Unfortunately, no one will provide paperwork saying so.

The Post Office bureaucracy is ALL about CYA, but if you point out the policy on their signage, they will generally go by it. I was about ready to call down the wrath of a congressman on them before they finally straightened it out at my local PO.

If using Click-n-ship on line, it is actually 20 cents cheaper to ship in the non-padded envelope. It can add up for a business that ships a lot of packages.

hornsurgeon
12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
i can;t vouch for the xlox, but his BAC is wonderful. i use it for everything from a 22 hornet loaded 550-2700fps, to hanguns, to 35rem and full power 45/70. ithas yet to let me down.

Reload3006
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a big bottle of XLOX my experience is the same as your good stuff good price and fast shipment I will buy it again if he is still selling it when i need it.

bruce381
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
BAC and Leah and Glen 100% the best

Sonnypie
12-20-2011, 02:13 AM

Flat Rate does NOT mean flat packages.
And yep, I've used their boxes and envelopes for years now. I really like Click-N-Ship.
Although, you do have to buy the self-adhesive labels.
Or just print them on paper and glue or tape them on yourself.
My postman asked the wife if I was ordering bricks.
"No, Lead." was her reply.

We have two retired postal workers in the family. They both say the same thing, stuff the envelope. If it fits, it ships! Up to 70 pounds.

I have a package going to Texas as we speak, in fact. ;)
But their tracking kinda sucks. :(

evan price
12-20-2011, 06:21 AM
I thought the White Label guy's name was Lars? If it is not, I am apologizing!!!

Anyway, LS-STUFF: Great stuff, will buy again!

rbertalotto
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
When I receive an order of lead from RotoMetals, my postgal thinks I'm buying Gold! She can't lift it and rings my doorbell to come out to the truck and get it.

I like it much better when UPS delivers........

http://images54.fotki.com/v239/photos/2/36012/8584438/UPSGirl-vi.jpg

kbstenberg
12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Where do I have to live to get that driver? Honey were moving!

evan price
12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
What can Brown do for you, indeed!

DLCTEX
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
They'd get all my shipping business if she delivered.
Oh, back on subject. I ordered the 32 oz. bottle and made the 45-45-10 tumble lube formula. It works great with no buildup in the dies and no sticky boolits.

daschnoz
12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
When I receive an order of lead from RotoMetals, my postgal thinks I'm buying Gold! She can't lift it and rings my doorbell to come out to the truck and get it.

I like it much better when UPS delivers........

http://images54.fotki.com/v239/photos/2/36012/8584438/UPSGirl-vi.jpg

That shot is SO staged. There is no way that UPS would deliver a package in that kind of shape. It's not all beat to hell, squashed, and ripped.

kelbro
12-23-2011, 11:16 PM
That shot is SO staged. There is no way that UPS would deliver a package in that kind of shape. It's not all beat to hell, squashed, and ripped.

There's a package in that picture???

338RemUltraMag
12-24-2011, 11:12 AM
There's a package in that picture???

Exactly!