PDA

View Full Version : Bullshop NASA Lube Still Available?

John Boy
12-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Is Dan still making and selling NASA Lube?
If yes, are the prices the same?

leftiye
12-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Plus 1. Also, how about Lotak?

AkMike
12-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Does anyone have a phone number for his shoppe?

randyrat
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Make your own alternative with my Kit.

I'm not cutting Dan's products down, but he is not here on this Forum. If he was here I would support him and his products.

cajun shooter
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I had contact with Tina and she advised me that the only form of communication they have at this time is snail mail.
If you send a e-mail to the old address it will just float around in cyberspace.
The option for contact is the one that I posted and that is it. I was told a few years back that the mail box is over seven miles from the house so it's not checked every day which is understandable. My contact was via snail mail which she answered.
Later David

blasternank
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM

I'm not cutting Dan's products down, but he is not here on this Forum. If he was here I would support him and his products.

Which one is yours?

Thanks.

Love Life
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I had contact with Tina and she advised me that the only form of communication they have at this time is snail mail.
If you send a e-mail to the old address it will just float around in cyberspace.
The option for contact is the one that I posted and that is it. I was told a few years back that the mail box is over seven miles from the house so it's not checked every day which is understandable. My contact was via snail mail which she answered.
Later David

Can you repost the information again?

DLCTEX
12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
The Bull Shop
HC 62 BOX 5640
Delta Junction, AK 99737

randyrat
12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Which one is yours?

Thanks.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=131679
It's called TAC ( no carnauba wax) OR TAC#1( 1 oz of carnauba added)

sffar
12-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I got through to Bull Shop by email just a week or so ago. Corresponded with Tina. Sent them a check for a couple of pounds of Lotak and a pound of NASA, but didn't ask about Bullplate. Seems like they're in business, just no website or PayPal.
Sam

Doc Highwall
12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Does any one know the price of the products?

It would be nice to know how much per item, plus shipping so we could just make out a money order and not cause any problems at Dan and Tina's end.

nanuk
12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
sffar: which email address was successful for you?

roysha
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
I know this is going to tick off a lot of people but if this individual, or someone close to him doesn't have the common courtesy to at least respond to these continual inquiries about the availability of these "grand and glorious and unavailable anywhere else on the face of earth products" then nuts on the whole situation. I have cast nearly 50 years without them and while I have used Bullplate and liked it, (could take it or leave it) just because I can't get it doesn't mean it's the end of the world!

Last spring I had a medical emergency that took me out of circulation for a little over 3 weeks so I am fully aware that sometimes **** happens, but this has been going on for months and months. I think it is inexcusable on his part and shows distain for his wouldbe customers, especially since, apparently, there is some communication with one individual there. As I said, if he or someone near him can't clarify this issue then forget it. If you can't cast without these products, perhaps you should find a new hobby.

Springfield
12-31-2011, 09:00 PM
It sounds like Bullshop took himself off the internet to protect his kids from all the unwanted stuff there. That is a good and noble cause but it sure isn't going to make doing business with the rest of the world easier. His choice, and I respect that, but that is one of the reasons I made up my own recipe for a lube similar to NASA. That is the same reason I do my own webpage, I need things done in a timely manner and the best way to do that is to do things yourself. Or at least do business with entities that are easy to communicate with. Before all this came about I bought 15 bottles of Bullshop Sprue Lube. I may never run out, but I have already tried some other things that work, if not as good, certainly well enough, in case the real thing disappears. So if you need some bullet or sprue lube, write to the Bullshop and order some, it is good stuff. If you find you can't get any, go somewhere else or make it yourself. Simple.

sffar
12-31-2011, 11:19 PM
nanuk, that'd be the bullshop@wildak one they used before.
Doc Highwall, it was $17.50/lb plus shipping.
Sam

cajun shooter
01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Well first, no one has the right to post any scorn towards Dan or Tina.
Every person handles and does things the way they see fit at that time and the choices they have made is no ones concern but theirs.
I think the good book has a passage that says Judge not least you be judged. If my memory is correct then that is as close as I can be at this time.
The prices are the same as they have been and if write you will receive a answer from Tina at this time.
If you have never had any problems in your personal life then you are a very lucky person. That does not however give you any right to judge others who do. Later David

btroj
01-01-2012, 10:57 AM
So Dan is a bad guy because he hasn't gotten word to us?

I find it hard to fathom a society where a man is held to a standard that say he has a greater obligation to me than to his family!

Would I like to know? Yes. Does he owe me anything? Nope.

As for getting word thru a friend or neighbor- he loves in the boonies in Alaska. Wo knows how far it is to the nearest fellow board member.

I just don't get this feeling of entitlement. We don't have a right to know anything from Dan. I am sure you can get his address here somewhere and send him a letter. Ask him yourself.

My suggestion is to move on with life. Many, many people here have mentioned very viable alternatives. Use them. Try them.

montana_charlie
01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I know this is going to tick off a lot of people but ...
I believe you are right. It did tick most of us off ...

Fishman
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
So Dan is a bad guy because he hasn't gotten word to us?

I find it hard to fathom a society where a man is held to a standard that say he has a greater obligation to me than to his family!

Would I like to know? Yes. Does he owe me anything? Nope.

As for getting word thru a friend or neighbor- he loves in the boonies in Alaska. Wo knows how far it is to the nearest fellow board member.

I just don't get this feeling of entitlement. We don't have a right to know anything from Dan. I am sure you can get his address here somewhere and send him a letter. Ask him yourself.

My suggestion is to move on with life. Many, many people here have mentioned very viable alternatives. Use them. Try them.

Not picking on you Btroj, because you have my highest respect, but . . .

I believe Roysha has pointed out that he is using other alternatives, and he has also pointed out why in a clear, concise, non-confrontational manner.

And despite all of the rhetoric to the contrary, as a vendor sponsor and a businessman, it would have been in Dan's best interest to post current contact information here, likely in his "What Bullshop is" thread. I don't see how that could possibly harm his family and it wouldn't require any explanation, just a statement of how to buy his products. Since that hasn't happened, it is only natural to assume that selling his products, no matter how good they are, isn't a priority for him. He has every right to conduct his business and personal life in whatever fashion he wants, but it is definitely costing him a lot of business and good will.

WILCO
01-04-2012, 03:39 PM

That's the thing I love about capitalism!
There's a void and someone will fill it. [smilie=s:

btroj
01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
It would be a good business decision. It Dan isn't running a business in the traditional sense. He is doing this to supplement his family income. It isn't much more than a self sustaining hobby most likely.

Would I lie it if we got firm word on the status of things at Bullshop, absolutely. That does not, however, mean I am going to demand same. If this was a large business, or even an actual storefront I might. This is a guy looking out for his family while living in the boonies. And Alaska boonies are far boonier than those in the lower 48.

My point is this- of you want his products you need to be patient and understanding. If those aren't qualities you have then I suggest you look elsewhere.m many alternatives have been posted. I feel Dan has no obligations to us beyond being a good person and I will not search for some way in which I feel he is obligated to tell me anything.

Dan is somewhat a victim of today's information age. We take for granted the ability to almost instantly know everything. Maybe someone needs to send Dan a short letter asking for a current price list and asking what products are currently available. The address was posted earlier in this link I do beleive. We just need to remember the old school methods of communicating.

Love Life
01-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Lotak Hard is avaialble. $64.00 for 3 pounds (that is what I asked for).

Believe me when I say this lube is worth it. Smells good to.