PDA

View Full Version : Need LBT WFN for .45 Colt Marlin CB

ACK450
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know which LBT wide flatnose will chamber in the Marlin .45 Colt CB?
The 300 gr. feeds fine, but jams into the rifling do to the extreemly short throat.

I can shoot them single shot if I seat them deeper than the crimping groove, but
of coarse that isn't what I'm after. I need to crimp them.

What do I need? I like the WFN design, but need one that I can crimp into the
crimping groove and chamber completely without difficulty, and hard jammiing
into the rifling. A 280 grain bullet weight would be great if it would chamber.

I sure could use some advice. Thanks, ACK

Pepe Ray
02-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Don't know why you've had no responses but, here goes
Take a long hard look at a currently running GB honchoied by
Cayoot.
You've just described it. Now's the time to jump on it.
My check's going out this week.
Pepe Ray

PatMarlin
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I've got the very LBT Mold for sale, but it's a 200gr.

Lloyd Smale
02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Id look at the lyman 320rf and the lee 300 rf they both have two crimp groves and a pretty big metplat.

MGySgt
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Did you by chance send an e-mail to Veral and ask him which one he would reccomend?

leftiye
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
There's one on ebone right now. It's all yerz as far as I'm concerned. 280 grs..

DanWalker
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I have some of the LEE 300's if you'd like to try some. They work fine in all the lever guns I've tried them in 92,94,1895. I'm working to try to get a GB on this design in a six cavity that casts 460 so it can be used in 45/70 and 45LC. You do NOT have to push this boolit hard to get good results on game. My plinking load of 6.5 grains of Red Dot under this boolit swats prairie dogs around like croquet balls and will roll up jackrabbits quite nicely. I have no doubt it'll flatten any whitetail you might want to shoot with it. I push them to 1500fps in my 94 and have never had any big game animal take more than a couple steps after being hit well with this boolit.
Don't bother with the six cavity design LEE lists as a 300rnfp. The picture does not represent the actual boolit it casts. They've redesigned the nose to a more round profile with a smaller meplat. I know because I bought and returned one 2 different times, even after I sent them(Midway) a few boolits I cast from my 2 cavity for reference. Anyone else that's interested in this boolit feel free to PM me and I'll gladly send you some. What could be better? You get to actually see if your gun likes the boolit before committing to a group buy.

ACK450
02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. Gotta think on this one. Everyone talked about WFN in their
Marlins. Now I wonder...

Veral is busy! Thought I would ask you Marlin WFN shooters first.

I'll just reinvent the wheel. Slug it, and have Veral make me a mould. No problem. ACK

leftiye
02-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Or throat it, a little jump for the other designs would probably be okay.