PDA

View Full Version : Western WA WW Sources

deadwood55
12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Anybody know of any WW sources in Western WA state?

waksupi
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know about WW's there, but check the boat yards for old sailboat keels. Lotsa lead in those.

luna butte
12-17-2011, 05:06 PM
northern Oregon :D

Larry Gibson
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Anybody know of any WW sources in Western WA state?

WWs have been drying up fast here as they may already be illegal in WA(?). Luna butte's answer is the best bet at least until the kalifonioregonians in the Metro area outlaw WWs too:-(

Where in western WA are you?

Larry Gibson

SkookumJeff
12-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Good luck. I made the rounds several months ago in south Puget Sound area and every shop told me queen hagwire and her flying monkeys made WW illegal in the state. Even fleabay won't ship WW to the state because of the illegality of them here which really hacked me off. I've been buying my lead and having it shipped to my house. If you find a source of lead here locally my advice is don't tell anyone.

happyret65
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Scrap yards, but you have got to grease some hands. Z's in my area.

bslim
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
If your regular sources are dried up, you might look for out of the way wrecking yards. I found one that didn't save WW's and thought it wasn't worth his time or his employees time. I then asked him if he would allow me to go into his yard and take them off of the vehicles on my own time and I would pay him by the pound. We came up with an agreement for $.20 / lb and I do all of the work. It's to my benefit, because I won't have to sort them when I get them home.

deadwood55
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
My inlaws live across the river from OR. I guess I'll have to take a side trip across the Bridge of the Gods next time I visit.

Thanks all.

Atakawow
12-20-2011, 03:37 AM
Check with the auto shops in "ghetto" places. I found me a couple of 5 gallon buckets last week for $25 each.

justingrosche
12-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Last tire shop I went to made me a good deal on a half bucket of WW, atleast I thought it was a good deal at the time. $10
Then I sorted them out and half of it was zinc and trash.

bslim
12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Don't feel bad. I got a call from a buddy who let me know there was a scrap yard within and hr. of my place that had over 500 lbs of WW's for sale. When I got there, sure enough, 5 full 5 gal. pails. Happy camper I was. they loaded them into my truck with a forklift, I paid the bill, $.35/lb. and off I went. One pail had better than the bottom half full of valve stems. Good thing they don't weight as much as WW's do.

clintsfolly
12-20-2011, 07:17 PM
But still go for #.35 a lbs Clint

luna butte
12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
My inlaws live across the river from OR. I guess I'll have to take a side trip across the Bridge of the Gods next time I visit.

Thanks all.

not many tire shops in Cascade Locks. but there are a couple of fishing guides that may be making there own sinkers. you might stop by there and see if they would sell you any WWs.

i scoured the gorge area last spring and found that the goodyear in The Dalles would sell me 5 gal buckets for $40. i past em up, to rich for my blood