View Full Version : I just joined, so HOWDY!

OldeNavy'smith
12-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I hope y'all have room for another gunsmith, because I guess I need a new home! We had some trouble elsewhere, and several of my friends recommended this forum to me as a good place to visit. Several of them have already joined, and folks tell me y'all are a hoot! My given name is Bob, but you can call me anything, just not late for supper! I live in Oklahoma, but drive thru Arhansas and Missouri to get to the gittin' place. That should explain that I live right close to the tristate junction, right outside of Southwest City, Missouri. My shop is out here on the property, so I can test my repairs, without having to drive to a range. I'vebeen in business for four years,and it's been exciting, getting to work on some very old rifles and shotguns. I'm a disabled veteran and served in Vietnam, With a detachment of VQ1, stationed at Danang. I was an intercept operator and spoke the lingo, before I finally made it tothe Seabees, four years later. That was what I had always wanted to be, and finally made it, only to be injured and discharged three and a half years later. Well, that's a quick picture of me, and I sure hope I fit in with y'all, along with my friends who recently came over to this forum. So Hello from Oklahoma!

rodsvet
12-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob!! There are lots of good folks here that can use your expertise. Rod

wv109323
12-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Howdy back at you and welcome. Feel free to join in anytime. We welcome your experiences.

littlejack
12-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the CastBoolits Bob.
Both my parents were from Oklahoma and all their kin. Great bunch of people. I was born in
California. Raised on catfish, froglegs, pinto beans, fried potatoes and cornbread.
Jack

MBTcustom
12-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome! I spent alot of time in miami OK.
You ought to check out the vender sponsors section, We're kind of partial to doing business with the membership and that certainly helps.

danski26
12-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Welcome aboard shipmate

canyon-ghost
12-17-2011, 10:01 PM
This is a good place for a gunsmith. Welcome, come join Chat in the evening if you like.

Ron

Mooseman
12-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Glad ya Came Over Bob !
Welcome !

Rich

rmcc
12-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Welocme Bob!!! These are good people here!

Rich

QUON
12-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Wekcome aboard! This is a great site to be on. I was in the peace time Navy back in 1959-1963. There is many many souls on this site who are very helpfull.

GabbyM
12-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Welcome aboard Bob.
May God bless you and have a merry Christmas.

DCP
12-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome Bob [smilie=s:

Lots of good people here

Enjoy the ride[smilie=2:

kbstenberg
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Howdy Bob. Allways good to have another knowledgable gun nut.

Ernest
12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Bob God Bless you for your service! It is great to have you here. By the way this is simply the very best forum on the web.

skeet1
12-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey Bob,
It's good to have another Okie on the forum.

Ken

Char-Gar
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Okies are always welcome... and that is coming from a Texan!

OldeNavy'smith
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Well fellas, I feel right at home already! Y'all already got a smart fella when Mooseman came on board. We have been friends for quite awhile, and it'll be nice to be able to visit with him again. I'm a novice with real lead boolits, so y'all are gonna have to help me along. If I ever figger out how to post pics on here, I'll show you some of my work. I do hope to be a beneficial addition here, but I'm always ready to learn more. This field of endeavor has so much information, I'll prob'ly spend the rest of my life learning more and more about firearms and projectiles! And anyone who gets up my way, feel free to call and come by! I'll fire up the coffeepot, and the stove, and we can visit! People who come by for the first time usually tell me I'm WAY OUT in the boonies, but I'm only about three miles from Southwest City, Missouri! I have a hundred yard sighting range set up right behind the shop, and movable target stands for pistol shooting. I ALWAYS test my repairs, soI know thejob is done right,and finished. I'm looking forward to meeting all you fellow gun nuts, but bear with me because it'll take awhile to remember your names!

JIMinPHX
12-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Welcome aboard Bob.

We always have room for another smith around here. We tend to be friendly to folks that just want to show up too, regardless of their skill sets or lack thereof.

Just out of curiosity, which Sea Bee unit were you in? I've known a few construction battalion guys of your vintage over the years.

OldeNavy'smith
12-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I served with MCB-4, and met up with them on Diego Garcia. We went to Guam after that, and then to Rota, Spain. I was on the Holy Loch Det, and ended up being medevaced back to the States with a shattered left elbow. Before that, I was a Vietnamese interpreter, and flew with the VQ1 det out of Danang. I had a time in the service,and was glad to do it. Thanksfor the welcome everyone! And by the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

lbaize3
12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Always good to have another Navy man with us!

slim1836
12-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you will fit in nicely.

And thanks for your service to our country.
Slim

Depreacher
12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
WELCOME, we need all the gunsmiths we can git!!!!!!! Best site on the web. Lots of great folks here. Mack :cbpour: