PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P93dc and Ruger P94

milsurp mike
12-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Santa got me a couple new toys to play with for Xmas :guntootsmiley::2gunsfiring_v1:I got a P93DC in 9mm and a P94 in 40 cal.They both appear to be New in the box with the labels still on the mags and small dot stickers on the frame right below the decockers.I am going to be handloading for them today so I can test drive them tomorrow:bigsmyl2:.I need some load data for these beast.I have never loaded for a P series.I have Jwords and Lee cast boolits.I will be using a Lee RN in the 9mm and a Lee TC in the 40 cal.Both boolits are Tumble lubed with Lee Lube.The powder options i have are Unique and Red Dot.I also would like to get a couple Jword loads to CC these.I have read where they can handle some +p loads.I want be feeding them a steady diet of these I just want to test them and use them for CC.They appear to be built like a Tank.I have read on other forums that they are decent Handguns.Has anybody had any experience with them.I know the members here will be Honest.So if they are pieces of Junk please give it to me easy as I have grown quiet fond of these in the 2 days that I have owned them[smilie=l:.Thx Mike

Keyston44
12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I have the P95DC that I purchased when they came out. I haven't had any problems with it. I cast the Lee 124 TL for it with 4.5 gr of WW231 and it shoots them just fine. The only jacketed bullets I shoot out of it are factory self defence loads.
P series guns are kinda bulky and aren't the prettiest guns but they work well.

Key