PDA

View Full Version : The best day ever

Reaper
12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
All current and former military personnel know this as the best day ever. Merry Christmas to our service men and women. God bless you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZevLsorZF0

1Shirt
12-18-2011, 01:10 PM
You bet! Ditto!
1Shirt!

DCP
12-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks for sharing.
My eyes are giving me problems again
Darn allergies

Maybe its me
One must wonder why so few replies
Maybe I have just become a silly old man

All gave some some gave all. :drinks:

Roger Ronas
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Damn allergies hit me too.
Welcome Home to all the MEN and WOMEN in Uniform!

Rog

Freightman
12-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank God they are home and had a welcoming party, soldiers of my day had to almost sneak back into there own country, because of some of the present "Leaders" in congress. No haven't forgot don't intend to. WELCOME HOME HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ErikO
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Amen. I look forward to a day when I don't have a yellow ribbon on my car since there are no soldiers deploied in harm's way.

mroliver77
12-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Thank God they are home and had a welcoming party, soldiers of my day had to almost sneak back into there own country, because of some of the present "Leaders" in congress. No haven't forgot don't intend to. WELCOME HOME HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being from small town USA I never witnessed any disrespect of a returning soldier. Now the VN ers soldiers did not come home en force either so most homecomings were a quiet affair.

I do remember some early BS at the VFW and did here some old timers spout off about VN not being like their war.

Then again we did not have any hippies until hippie was old news!

My friend Lester was Sergent in Marine Corps mid 60's. When he got home he let his hair grow very long. He took **** about that but was never dissed about his service.
Jay

gray wolf
12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
I can't see you tube --but I am sure it was great.
Welcome home boy's and the grate women that serve also.
As for War--well war is War, I don't care what theater it's in.
Some guys would say,
" an experience worth a million--but one I wouldn't give a nickle to do over again "
Someday I hope we can all keep those nickles in our pockets.

Sam

bbs70
12-23-2011, 11:51 AM

I was in Korea from 71 to 72.
Because of VN all servicemen & women were looked upon with disgust at that time.
I remember being spit on when I was at the airport getting ready to go home after being discharged.

You do your duty for your country, then when you get home you get treated like a baby killer.
Yes, sometimes I get rather pi$$ed and angry when I think back to those days, but I am sure glad todays service people are treated with the respect they so richly deserve.