PDA

View Full Version : Uberti .45 loads

Kragshooter
12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
New gun, beautiful birdshead but question on load. 230lrn,(cause I have a bunch of them) 8.0 Unique with CCI 350 primer in nickel Starline brass. Should I back this down to 7.0 because of mag primer. Other suggestions on loads. I have read that Unique is not really sensitive to hotter primer like some are.

NickSS
12-16-2011, 12:43 AM
I use the same load as well as 9 gr of Unique in my Uberti clones and they work fine. With birds head grips hotter loads may be harder to hold on to. I have loaded up several thousand 45 colts using Wolf mag primers as they were all I could get last year and have not used them up yet. I have not had and problems with them and the same loads. I have not chronographed them so do not know how much more velocity I am getting but have not noticed a POI problem and recoil appears about the same.

Kragshooter
12-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info, should hit the range sometime in the next week to confirm. I have a lot of Rugers but this Uberti is one beautiful handgun.

littlejack
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I shoot a Uberti "evil roy" model.
I load 9 grains of Herco behind a 255 +/- grain boolit. Works very well for me. I wouldn't want any more in that light of a handgun. It gets very uncomfortable.
Jack