PDA

View Full Version : Dave Higgenbotham

Nobade
12-15-2011, 09:22 AM
From the BP-L this morning:

As many of you might know, Dave Higginbotham made excellent rolling block rifles. These were used by both blackpowder and cast bullet fans. I got the following message concerning him just now:

"Dave Higginbotham was killed this morning by an accidental discharge from a rifle he was removing from the back of a vehicle.

Keep Katha in your prayers and I'll get more information to you as it becomes available.

The arrangements are not final but the funeral should be Saturday at Mims Baptist Church in Conroe, I will email out the time tomorrow. He will be buried in New Mexico near his ranch. In lue of flowers please ma a donation to American Center for Law and Justice, this organization was dear to Dave."

Texnmidwest
12-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Always sad to hear things like this. One moment of carelessness can cause loved ones a lot of pain. My prayers go out for all who knew and loved him.

WARD O
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
We are diminished.

Very sad news.

Ward

30yrcaster
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Did he make the adjustable paper patch single cavity mold that Joe Hepsworth @ J Cunard used to sell? I had the opportunity to talke with Joe just before he passed away earlier this year. Too much sadness in the world!!

Don Purcell
12-15-2011, 10:58 PM
No, That was Dave Higginbottom from England that made the molds, have one and it shoots well. Never got to meet Mr. Higginbotham but I never heard a bad word against him. We lose the good ones but are overrun with pricks that live a long time.