PDA

View Full Version : #11 Percussion Caps

chuckbuster
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Did I read somewhere that Remington Brand #11 caps are a little larger than CCI?

Nipple I just got seems to be a little fat, CCI does not seem to seat completely onto it.

Thanx
Kevin

docone31
12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Look on the top of the nipple.
Sometimes with use, the nipple gets flared out. If so, take the nipple, chuck it in a drill by the threads, and with reasonably fine sandpaper, turn the flar off.
Don't go too far, the caps get real loose.

mooman76
12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't know how the different brands differ as far as what's smaller or larger than the other but yes they run a little different in size from brand to brand.

Hellgate
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Chuckbuster. If the CCI#11s are too tight the Remington#11s will be a looser fit. Remington#10 might even fit. The RWS#1075, CCI#11 & the Rem#10s are very close together in fit. The degree of taper of the nipple can vary from make to make and determine which cap will fir. The remington#10 is basically a slightly longer Rem #11 so it will grab a nipple lower down on the shank and seem "smaller" but the diameter is the same as the #11. The CCI and RWS are less forgiving due to the thicker, more rigid cup which requires a more perfict fit of the cap. The Remington#10 has more "give" as it is seated. The walls of the cup are pre-split and flare as the cap is seated so It will fit a greater variety of nipple sizes and shapes.

waksupi
12-15-2011, 02:17 AM
You guys go about this cap thing the wrong way. Get a few nipples, and turn them down to fit each brand of caps you may use. Problem solved.

chuckbuster
12-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanx Guys