PDA

View Full Version : Order your Lee Now

smokemjoe
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I called Lee for some parts, Next year all dealer and C&R, not sure about about none holders, But your have to order $50.00 and pay shipping now, Hope this helps, Joe

AndyC
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I have no idea what that means, sorry.

zomby woof
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Are you saying all orders must be $50 minimum?????
I didn't realize LEE took C+R

stubshaft
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
I think that he is saying next year Lee will be selling primarily to dealers and C&R. If you are a private citizen then you'll have to order $50.00?

12-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I didn't know that Lee gave C&R discounts, neither.

Sonnypie
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
What the hell is a C&R???

I've got news, I can shop around until I find something where I won't get scalped buying it.
Even if it isn't Lee brand. ;)

Springfield
12-15-2011, 12:49 AM
It has always been cheaper to get LEE moulds from Midway and Grafs than from LEE, so I don't see a problem.

miestro_jerry
12-15-2011, 01:25 AM
I buy my Lee stuff from Factory Sales, but none of my orders have been below $50
in a few years.

https://factorysales.com/

Jerry

stubshaft
12-15-2011, 02:47 AM
Unless it is on sale I'll usually order direct from Lee because they charge me only $4.95 to ship as opposed to Midway or some other places that advertise the product for less but screw me on the shipping (not to mention the under $20.00 service? fee).

AndyC
12-15-2011, 03:49 AM
I think that he is saying next year Lee will be selling primarily to dealers and C&R. If you are a private citizen then you'll have to order $50.00?
Ahhhhhh.... light-bulb came on, thanks :)

What the hell is a C&R???
Curio & Relic dealer: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html

edsmith
12-15-2011, 04:22 AM
sonny, curio&relic FFL

Pigslayer
12-15-2011, 06:36 AM
O.K. I get it. No more factory direct sales to the public. I don't buy direct from them anyway . . . never have.

DLCTEX
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I buy parts from Lee as their prices for parts are usually better than dealers if you consider minimum order requirements and shipping prices. Will hate to see that change.

lead chucker
12-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Thats a bummer midway wont ship liquid alox to alaska but lee mails it to me.

W.R.Buchanan
12-24-2011, 02:16 PM
If you just order from www.titanreloading.com you won't have any of these problems.

He is 3 mi from Lee, and can get anything they make same day. he is very easy to deal with and his shipping costs are as low as you're gonna find.

Midway charges too much for shipping small items and charges the same as larger stuff. He has to get so much shipping and handling on each sale or he loses money because of the size and complexity of his automated shipping system. He has no way to convienently do USPS packaging envelopes for small parts, so you get to pay $10-13 to ship a $2 part.

IF he would just have some pickers that would deal I and 2 item orders instead of using the automated system for everything, he could ship in a envelope or a usps Pirority mail bax for cost.

Why complicate this?

Dennis at Titan ships same day with usps priority mail and charges $5 for most small stuff. It doesn't get any better than that!

Randy

Ed in North Texas
12-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Unless it is on sale I'll usually order direct from Lee because they charge me only $4.95 to ship as opposed to Midway or some other places that advertise the product for less but screw me on the shipping (not to mention the under $20.00 service? fee).

You mean the same shipping fee that our Sponsor Graf's charges? Seriously, it has been years since I bought directly from Lee, so didn't remember what they charged for shipping. But Graf's charges a flat fee of $4.95 if you are willing to have the shipment sent either FedEx or UPS (you can choose which, or no preference at checkout). If you want some other method, or take an FFL discounted price (e.g. USPS) you pay full shipping. Often the shipping difference eliminates the discounted price.

Hang Fire
12-27-2011, 09:27 AM

I think it means if you are C&R or a dealer, then must order 50 bucks minimum to get the discount.

leadman
01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Speaking about Midway and shipping! Why does Midway ship heavy items in a box with just those little air bags to protect them? The bags are almost always flat when I get the box and the box is well worn from how UPS handles it.
I called and spoke to someone at Midway about it but it did no good. I had some Nosler Ballistic Tips break out of the factory boxes on one order. Had several calibers so had to sort them out, and luckily they were all there.

Seems like all the businesses are looking for more money. Like Verizon wanting $2 to pay your bill online with a credit card. That did not last long.

Hamish
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I recently bought my first 6 cav. Lee mold as it was on sale and in oddball .25acp. That said, I'm to the point of pretty well being done with Lee. The first time I used a non-aluminum mold, the light bulb went on. As a general rule, I usually have to tinker with *some* issue that presents itself with Lee dies. But like so many, if it had'nt been for Lee, I would'nt have been able to get started.

Midway? Loved 'em till I figured out how much that they had bent me over for, not only on shipping, but product price. Shame on me for not looking harder for a better deal.

@(:^]#>:::

DLCTEX
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I like Grafs except for their $25 minimum order when what I need costs only $18.95. I ordered direct from lyman and came out cheaper with their $6 shipping and no Minimum. (303 M die for $19.95)

sirgknight
01-02-2012, 08:16 PM
That's why my go-to suppliers are either wideners, f&m, powder valley or grafs. I usually find what I need at one of these with great prices, service and shipping. Lee has been fantastic for parts replacement and technical support, but their retail prices are usually much higher than other suppliers. Why? I can't answer that.

fryboy
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
i much agree about the parts being about cheap from lee and often most dealers dont stock some of the stuff , the brite side is that some dealers did have parts after lee discontinued that part and had sold out at the factory ( such as with the auto prime and old turret press auto advance parts )

rbertalotto
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I believe Dennis from Titan Sales actually works at LEE as his fulltime job. I believe he works in R&D.

He and his wife run Titan and you simply will not deal with better folks!

jdgabbard
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Thats a bummer midway wont ship liquid alox to alaska but lee mails it to me.

Thats why you buy local, as in here... Check out Lar45's site, he has liquip "xlox" Which is the same as alox, and he also sells the Carnuba Red, which is my go to lube. It requires heat, but I find it works well in just about everything, and leaves a shiny bore too! But the alox he sells for $11 for 32oz.

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html

milprileb
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
So if you need Lee parts for dies etc etc, in the future you have to find a dealer who stocks the parts and sadly..... few do.

Grafs, while being a sponsor, is my first stop because they don't gouge you on shipping, have great prices and the staff has worked with me on some orders and proved they are motivated to do things right.

Grafs: they earned my business

mmorris
01-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Our products are available at many local gun and sporting goods stores. The local gun dealer welcomes your business and they are a vital link to gun ownership, please support them when you can. If you are not blessed with a Lee stocking dealer in your area we have many online dealers that stock our line.

Above from the LEE website.

That notwithstanding, LEE will still sell this mold to me:
LEE TL-452-230-TC 90287

LEE (Direct)
$25.98 + 5.25 (Shipping) = $31.23

Compared to:

MidwayUSA
$19.49 + 3.00 (min fee) + 7.58 (USPS) = $30.07

Graf
$20.59 + 4.95 (shipping) = $25.54 NO SALE-below minimum

So it looks like the change does not apply to regular customers.

Mike

hk33ka1
01-06-2012, 02:20 AM
I wish I could keep my Lee purchases under $50.

I usually don't order from Lee direct unless I need a custom sizer die.

I buy from Factory Sales down the street from the Lee Factory or a local shop if I only need one item.

Hang Fire
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Seems Lee products can be found most anywhere.

I was on Amazon last night ordering a scope and some mounts. Needing a Lee 427 boolit sizer, not expecting to find it but I entered "Lee 427 bullet sizer" into Amazon search engine. Bing popped right up for 19 bucks, so added to cart and checked out..

Bullet Caster
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree with several others about ordering from Factory Sales. I recently bought 45ACP dies from Midway. After the $3.00 service charge and shipping it just about negated the sale price of the dies. Live and learn. Have not purchased from Graf or Titan but considered F&M until I saw a thread about F&M being slow on the orders and NO customer support. I tend to take the advice of others when it comes to ordering new stuff--such as shipping and service charges. I don't think I'll ever order from Midway again either. They did offer to ship USPS as a cheaper means but it takes snail mail soooooo long before you receive your products. Just my 2 cents worth. BC

1Shirt
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
More and more I am ordering from GRAF's! Got an email from Midway asking why I had signed in but not bought what I had pulled up. I replied that I checked Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, Graf etc. and because of shipping, usually got the best deal from GRAF-----and usually got it quicker.
1Shirt!:coffee:

odfairfaxsub
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
f' midway. grafs is where its at.

arjacobson
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
If you just order from www.titanreloading.com you won't have any of these problems.

He is 3 mi from Lee, and can get anything they make same day. he is very easy to deal with and his shipping costs are as low as you're gonna find.

Midway charges too much for shipping small items and charges the same as larger stuff. He has to get so much shipping and handling on each sale or he loses money because of the size and complexity of his automated shipping system. He has no way to convienently do USPS packaging envelopes for small parts, so you get to pay $10-13 to ship a $2 part.

IF he would just have some pickers that would deal I and 2 item orders instead of using the automated system for everything, he could ship in a envelope or a usps Pirority mail bax for cost.

Why complicate this?

Dennis at Titan ships same day with usps priority mail and charges $5 for most small stuff. It doesn't get any better than that!

Randy

Plus 1-great place to deal with

Casting_40S&W
01-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I checked with Lee, If you are regestered as a DEALER with Lee Precision, you need to order a minumum of $50 to qualify for free shipping. Please spread the word. This DOES NOT affect the general public, and boolit casters like you and me.

BeeMan
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Look at the choices we have available to us. Want 1 small item or a whole pile of stuff? There is an option out there that will work for you at a fair price. Sure, you may have to work at the confuser a bit, but if you want to you can find the best deal for YOU.

Choice is GOOD!

BeeMan

ETA: Don't forget the local shop if you have one. Sometimes the convenience or seeing an item in person trumps the absolute lowest price. That is well worth making sure they stay in business.

Scramjet
01-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I live appx 30mins away from LEE Manufacturing. I can call that morning and pick up that item on the way home from work. Kind of like the guys that live in Orvill Ca. near RCBS.

Tom

bertus
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
+1 on titan lee charges us foreigners a 30% export fee.
Titan does not and the orders arrive over here in 5 days

StratsMan
02-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I just had to compare a common mold (C358-158) between Grafs and Midsouth...

Grafs = $20.59
MidSouth = $18.06

I like the idea of supporting sponsors, too... but I am cheap... MidSouth charges actual shipping. I guess the price break can go either way, depending on the volume that you're buying...

shawnsmc
02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I just had to compare a common mold (C358-158) between Grafs and Midsouth...

Grafs = $20.59
MidSouth = $18.06

I like the idea of supporting sponsors, too... but I am cheap... MidSouth charges actual shipping. I guess the price break can go either way, depending on the volume that you're buying...

But Grafs gives dealer discounts to C&R holders like myself. For the same mold mentioned above my price is $15.89 plus actual shipping

Dark Helmet
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I ordered direct from Lee online yesterday. I had to set up an account as a retail customer. Shipping was $ 5.25.

Yance
02-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I checked with Lee, If you are regestered as a DEALER with Lee Precision, you need to order a minumum of $50 to qualify for free shipping. Please spread the word. This DOES NOT affect the general public, and boolit casters like you and me.

Roger that.

03FFL (C&R) will get you "dealer" status with Lee Precision.

33.33% off retail on all products
50% off repair parts
Free shipping on orders of $50.00 or more and VERY reasonable shipping for orders under $50.00.

I usually receive my orders in 3 or 4 days.

Graf's is great IF you're a regular retail customer. Their "insurance and handling" charge is reasonable, HOWEVER, if you do happen to hold an 01 or 03 DON'T send them a copy to get "dealer" prices. Yep, "dealer" prices are cheaper BUT, they charge S&H which more than offsets the dealer savings and then some. I only order from them now if NO ONE else has what I need in stock.

ErikO
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Graf's is awesome and I do plan on ordering some stuff from them. I will order my items and then go pick them up. I don't plan on going there with less than $400 that I can set on fire, though. ;)

It's nice being less than 2 hrs away from a place like Graf & Sons. I also spend a good deal of money & time at Graf's Reloading in St Charles, MO - the stores don't seem to be related.