PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lube a Matic-2

REDBARON
12-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I am considering switching from the Lee method (tumble-dip,etc) of lubing to the RCBS lube/matic. Allow me to state the Lee mehod has brought great results-excellent accuracy. The problem is the mess in my reloading shop. Are those of you out there, who are ACTUALLY using the RCBS, satisfied with it? Thanks.

DLCTEX
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I like mine and use it even to lube some tumble lube designs.

zomby woof
12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I just switched, the LEE didn't seem to seat GC well enough. Works fine for me.

Bosshaug
12-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I have the older RCBS Lube-a-matic. Been using it since the 80's. I got it after I wore out a Lyman. In my opinion, the RCBS is the better of the two. Like DLCTEX, I use it to lube some Lee tumble-lube boolits too. It works with all kinds of lube, including my home-made stuff. Never have had to use a heater. Be sure to get the correct top punch for the boolit you are using, so ya don't deform it.

Shooternz
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I use the RCBS did have a lyman but gave it to a mate, I prefer the Lyman size dies
over the RCBS got one of Ricks size dies I think I will be using his from now on
I have a heater for mine I use White Label Carnauba Red,
I would like a Star but they are rare in this part of the world.
Robert.

41 mag fan
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I've got 2 of them. One set up that i use, the other, I'm waiting till spring to expand my shop even more, where I'll have a room set up with outside ventilation for casting and lubing/sizing. Then I'll have bothh set up.

plainsman456
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I have one of these as well as a Star and I use the RCBS more.
Mostly because I have more sizers for it.It sets up easy and fast to get a lot done.

Alchemist
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I've got two of 'em...good units. If you do get one, you might want to put a spacer over the pressure screw so it can't bottom out in the reservoir. Someone here did that and had a hard time getting it back out.

1Shirt
12-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Have 2 RCBS, 4 Lymans, and all of the lee push thrus for the cals that I shoot. I like to keep the Lube/sizers dedicated to one cal dia as much as possible. Often seat gc's with the lee sizers, and go back to the others for lube.
1Shirt!:coffee: