PDA

View Full Version : Hornady CS strikes again!!!!

grubbylabs
12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
So I bought a used press knowing it was missing some parts and that I would have to call them and get the parts. Particularly the large primmer cup set up.

So I called them this morning and wouldn't you know it, not only did they have the part available still, but even after telling them that I bought the press used they still wanted to send it to me for FREE!.

I still think the best part of the whole thing is there automated phone system. While it is not as entertaining as it was when I called in the spring, it is still worth calling just to listen to it.:bigsmyl2:

41 mag fan
12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Got a question I'm hoping someone can either answer or direct me in the right direction.

Do or does someone make a setup for auto primer drop so I don't have to load the tubes and does someone make a bullet feeder that'll have 22 cal bullets?

Loading the tubes gets old. I've got an extra sm primer tube, and in total can have 100 in tube feed and the others waiting, but would like to have something quicker.

Same way with the bullets. Gets old loading each and every one.

I'm not sure how this post got on this thread, but I'll go with it.

grubbylabs
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't mind, my thread is your thread.

Add as if it wasn't already enough a few hours after talking to them I had a shipment confirmation saying my stuff was in the mail. What a great group they are over there.

cigarman454
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
So I bought a used press knowing it was missing some parts and that I would have to call them and get the parts. Particularly the large primmer cup set up.

So I called them this morning and wouldn't you know it, not only did they have the part available still, but even after telling them that I bought the press used they still wanted to send it to me for FREE!.

I still think the best part of the whole thing is there automated phone system. While it is not as entertaining as it was when I called in the spring, it is still worth calling just to listen to it.:bigsmyl2:

There great aren't they. Had a large primer slide self destruct yesterday called today getting it right out. RCBS die the same thing for a Rock Chucker I bought used sent me everything to get it up running like new. :drinks:

41 mag fan
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Add as if it wasn't already enough a few hours after talking to them I had a shipment confirmation saying my stuff was in the mail. What a great group they are over there.

That is good to know that Hornady is that good on customer service.
Will make it alot better for me to know that.

Shedhunter
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I got a set of Hornady dies used and broke the decapping pin. I emailed them and they sent out a couple the next day. Good to have customer service like that.

12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I got a set of Hornady dies used and broke the decapping pin. I emailed them and they sent out a couple the next day. Good to have customer service like that.

I had the same experience and great customer service.

22Short
12-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Sounds like they want to compete with Dillon Precision!

41 mag fan
12-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Well I have to say you are correct on that CS. Last night I was loading some more 223's and had my primer slide not working correctly. Took it apart and noticed the sm primer slide had a chunk missing in the front. So I called this morning, guy I talked to said no problem, will get one right out, they're on B/O, but as soon as they get them I will get a new one.

So 10 minutes later, I could still use my sm primer slide, I was on the upstroke, and it got tight, thought it was a primer not seated deep enough, or a tight case in my sizer, so I pulled it all the way, and low and behold it was my sm primer slide that stuck, but this time it bent the bar the slide runs up and down on.
Called again, CS guy laughed and said, not a problem, he's had it happen to him twice on his loader.

He told me I'd be getting a couple of them, then explained it's one of the features that they questioned on the LNL's but that it was decided it was better to bend a rod than tear the guts up on the press or do worse damage.

And after I thanked him I told him, be rest assured, I was not one of them that stood on one leg hopping up and down cursing at the press!!

Gotta like the straightforward message they play!

bbqncigars
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
You'll have to come up with a Lee Autoprime I, but here's how a nice primer tube filler can be done cheap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcowugB030

41 mag fan
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
You'll have to come up with a Lee Autoprime I, but here's how a nice primer tube filler can be done cheap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcowugB030

Interesting video. Thanks for finding that link.
Looks like you could just shake them into the fill tubes.

RKJ
12-14-2011, 02:32 AM
I got a real good price on a set of used 300 WM dies> While setting them up and and after checking the online schematics I realized I was missing a couple of pieces. Same thing, I called them the next day, explained that I had bought them used but they would not let me pay for the parts. Excellent company in my eyes (also, the lady I spoke with was very nice). Not trying to take away from Hornady but I've had excellent service with RCBS, Lee & Dillon. Although I feel like an idiot sometimes after speaking with the Dillon staff, they've always helped me fix my induced problems. :)

jakharath
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I wish other companies valued customer service like Hornady, Dillon and RCBS.

41 mag fan
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I can say nothing but good for Hornady.
Got an email and the sm primer slide that was on back order shipped along with my primer feeder arms.
RCBS and Lee I've had good experiences with also.
RCBS I bent my sizer rod assembly..my fault...they sent me 2 of them plus 10 extra pins.
Lee I bought a Pro 1000 press in 223, and it was nothing but a nightmare. Called them 3 weeks after buying..no probs sending back.
Now Redding, I needed pins for my 300 Win mag die, they sent me some for free, but I felt like I was groveling when I explained I couldn't find any to replace them. I even wanted to buy them, but they refused that. Guess it was just how the CS handled it all.

Lyman I had a sizer die that was supposed to be .501.
I had 1 get stuck, melted lead out and put 1 in that was sized to .500. It got stuck, called they said to send it in, 2 weeks later I had a new one.

grubbylabs
12-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I wish other companies valued customer service like Hornady, Dillon and RCBS.

Ya wouldn't that be nice.

BD
12-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Glad to hear they had the parts for your Pro-Jector Grubbylabs. Did they have the original powder measure rod or did you get the case activated unit?
BD

grubbylabs
12-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I ordered the case activated set up

41 mag fan
12-16-2011, 12:22 AM
That case activated powder measure is nice. I've got an older hornady powder measure, it's probably 19 yrs old now. Doesn't have the quick release on it like this one does.
I hope my parts come in tomorrow.

7of7
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
They are really starting to irritate me...
I send them a message via their contact us... ask for part numbers so I can order the correct parts,... I get a message back that the part numbers I requested, are ordered and on their way....

It is really agravating .... LOL

As far as I am concerned, they are the best,... along with RCBS... Don't know about Dillon... haven't had anything break...

lcclower
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
A tangent, but what was in the RCBS case lube back in the '70s? Thick, sticky, smelled like pine tar.

Bullet Caster
03-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but I've done the same thing with my RCBS .30-06 dies. Bent the decapper double and called RCBS to get a replacement price and the guy said he'd send me a whole new sizer plug with decapper pin + 5 extra pins, to just give him my address. I tried to tell him that I'd gotten the dies second hand and he said the parts were in the mail. I like good American companies that stand behind what they sell (or don't) but rather their products. BC