PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Contender Barrel

Wildwood-Lake
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Can a contender barrel be shipped anywhere in the U.S. ?

gewehrfreund
12-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Of course, it's just a hollow metal tube. Not too dangerous with out the frame.

OuchHot!
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
In CA. posession of the 45LC/.410 might be a problem but you can ship as you like as far as I know.

Whistler
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Would you guys in the US run into problems if sending it to Europe?

Wildwood-Lake
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Not sure about Europe but I know I can't ship one to Canada.

nanuk
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Not sure about Europe but I know I can't ship one to Canada.

cause we Canucks are secretly amassing barrels to invade the US!

We are going to use them to swing wildly and growl in a threatening manner!

gandydancer
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure about the FLAKE STATES. (and you know who you are.) BUT YOU CAN SHIP A BARREL JUST ABOUT ANY WHERE IN THE GOOD OL U.S.A.

gandydancer
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM

I think I married you sister?

AkMike
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I think I married you sister?

Are you bragging or complaining? :lol::lol::lol: :kidding:

Wildwood-Lake
12-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Would you guys in the US run into problems if sending it to Europe?

Whistler, You might want to read this about shipping to Europe.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/80225-bringing-gun-parts-out-states-mail-easiest-legal-way.html

gandydancer
12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
are you bragging or complaining? :lol::lol::lol: :kidding:
yes!!!

DHB
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM

Just don't come to my house that is unless you are bringing your sister.
DHB:kidding:

Just how bad is this thread going to get?

Nrut
12-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Just don't come to my house that is unless you are bringing your sister.
DHB:kidding:

Just how bad is this thread going to get?
I am keeping my thoughts to myself! :lol::lol::lol:

45-70 Chevroner
12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
The only thing I ever shipped over seas was a set of 375 Win. reloading dies. That was to Sweden. They did arrive ok but there is no guaranty it will get there, and you can't insure it.

Ed in North Texas
12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
The only thing I ever shipped over seas was a set of 375 Win. reloading dies. That was to Sweden. They did arrive ok but there is no guaranty it will get there, and you can't insure it.

I don't know how you shipped the dies to Sweden (e.g. FedEx/UPS/USPS), but even the USPS offers International Insurance to most countries (and I'm sure a Western country like Sweden would not be on the list of countries not covered). As for guaranteeing a package will get somewhere overseas, there are services available even from USPS (Registered Mail) which work for most countries (there are some Third World countries where the theft problem extends even to Registered Mail).

Ed

45-70 Chevroner
12-31-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know how you shipped the dies to Sweden (e.g. FedEx/UPS/USPS), but even the USPS offers International Insurance to most countries (and I'm sure a Western country like Sweden would not be on the list of countries not covered). As for guaranteeing a package will get somewhere overseas, there are services available even from USPS (Registered Mail) which work for most countries (there are some Third World countries where the theft problem extends even to Registered Mail).

Ed

Ed: I sent it USPS and they told me "quote" no insurance. I did not ask about International Insurance, actually did not know about it but you think they would have mentioned it to me. Thats all I know.

kodiak1
12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
You can get Contender barrel's up to Canada just have to pass them through a USA exporter.
The fellow in Canada has to get a n import permit which is free and there you go.

Ken.

Three44s
12-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Just have the ATF send it ......... they'll send anything anywhere and forget where it went and not remember a thing afterward!

Three 44s

Ed in North Texas
12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Ed: I sent it USPS and they told me "quote" no insurance. I did not ask about International Insurance, actually did not know about it but you think they would have mentioned it to me. Thats all I know.

Yes, anyone would think they would have mentioned it. I certainly can't say my little rural PO would have known about International Insurance, but I suspect they would have looked it up if I asked about insuring a package to another country. The ladies are good that way.

Ed