PDA

View Full Version : RL 1050 crank bearings

KohlerK91
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
The crank bearing on my RL1050 are sloppy causing an audible clunk when exiting the brass from the sizer die. Lifting up and down on the crank shows about .015-.020+ up and down movement.

Any one else have this much slop in their press?

MtGun44
12-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you need to call Dillon and talk to them.

Bill

angus6
12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Good thread on Brians Enos forum dealing with this issue, Here is the Timken part # BH-1610

LUBEDUDE
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Never noticed before.

KohlerK91
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Called Dillon and the only solution they offered me was to buy a complete crank assembly about $300 bucks(Not gonna happen). Would not support the sale of bearings. I went through FOUR people and no one could tell be how much slop is suppose to be.

Kinda disapointing. They did not really want to help me only sell me a complete crank kit.

I found bearings on ebay for 5 bucks each plus shipping.

I have read that the DRAWN CUP needle bearing are not really a "precision roller bearing. So I gues it is suppose to be this loose.

I bring this up because I have used Star machines exclusively and they are a MUCH tighter machine.

I thought of machining some Aluminum broze bushings to tighten it up. I measured the crank and there is no apparent wear. What do you think?

Alvarez Kelly
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Called Dillon and the only solution they offered me was to buy a complete crank assembly about $300 bucks(Not gonna happen). Would not support the sale of bearings. I went through FOUR people and no one could tell be how much slop is suppose to be.

Kinda disapointing. They did not really want to help me only sell me a complete crank kit.

Call Gary at Dillon. Extension 311. I'm sure he will listen very closely. It may not change the results, but he IS the man to talk to. Let us know how it turns out.

angus6
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Might talk to ReefRaider over on arfcom he has been a great source of info , and quite willing to share. I'll check the slop in mine when I get back in town, but I can say it's not as tight as my Stars