PDA

View Full Version : Doe Season

white eagle
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
here in Wis rite now ......well it ended today :holysheep
anyway yesterday I missed a very easy shot at a doe
so I moved to another area for the evening hunt ..another doe and another miss:holysheep
so today with revenge in my heart I head out for the last hunt of the season (in that area) what happens I have a trophy buck standing less that 20 yds from my stand broadside for what seemed like an eternity
then to top that a group of 4 tom turkeys come strutting through and end of the night no doe's
don't it just figure [smilie=b::groner:

roverboy
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Thats the way it goes sometimes. A few years ago I passed up about 10 does waiting on a buck in the M/L season and then decided I take a doe and guess what happened............ No does.

OBXPilgrim
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I have a trophy buck standing less that 20 yds from my stand broadside for what seemed like an eternity

You are the MAN.

I think that would have to be the worst form of torture to a hunter - to sit & watch a trophy (or even the best you'd ever seen) slowly walk off so you can stay within the "rules".

I'm glad that North Carolina doesn't have a "does only" day or season. That is what you were talking about, correct?

white eagle
12-13-2011, 08:00 PM
You are the MAN.

I think that would have to be the worst form of torture to a hunter - to sit & watch a trophy (or even the best you'd ever seen) slowly walk off so you can stay within the "rules".

I'm glad that North Carolina doesn't have a "does only" day or season. That is what you were talking about, correct?

yes that is what I meant alright
Wis.has a 4 day doe only season and that is better than it was
they used to have two of these one in Oct. one in Dec. :violin:

x101airborne
12-14-2011, 12:10 AM
I feel your pain. When we were a buck only county, 30 does would walk in front of you every day. Irony.... Sweet irony.
Misses make better hunters. Dont let it get you down. Did you get any pics of the buck? I envy yalls deer size. Ours are around 125 live weight.

dk17hmr
12-15-2011, 03:26 AM
.......so today with revenge in my heart .......

I have been thinking about that line since I read it a couple days ago.
I know what you are saying but I feel redemption would be a better word. If you are hunting for revenge you are hunting for the wrong reason. Most of us dont need to hunt for meat, although a great perk of hunting, I hunt for the enjoyment and I see myself as a conservationist doing what is best for the animals I hunt....personally I see no place for "revenge" in the game field.

white eagle
12-15-2011, 08:59 AM
figure of speech
no need to take it literally