PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor--here is her sign

rockrat
12-10-2011, 11:31 PM
You know , the Jeff Foxworthy thing

Wife and I were hanging Christmas lights on the tree in front and the neighbor lady comes riding by on her horse.

She stops and asks "are you hanging Christmas lights"?

Had to bite my tongue to not say "here is you sign! Or the second thing that came to mind was "no these are mininature antipersonnel mines, Santas' reindeer left a mess in the yard last year, gonna put an end to that"

But I was nice and said that "trying to get some up while the weather is nice"

Neighbor just looked and said "Oh, that nice" and went down the road. Wife looked at me and I said to her that I need to make a sign for the neighbor. She just laughed and told me I must have been reading her mind, because she thought the same thing!!

Blacksmith
12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Rockrat
Did you just get a large Fedex box?
Blacksmith

Alvarez Kelly
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
So she's a bit slow... at least she was trying to be friendly! :-)

stubshaft
12-11-2011, 01:56 AM
I bet the blonde hair was a dead giveaway?

bigjason6
12-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Actually it's Bill Engvall, still funny nonetheless!

JeffinNZ
12-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Sure it was a horse and not an a$$? Oh, that's right. The a$$ was on the top......

markshere2
12-11-2011, 07:29 AM
There IS such a thing as a stupid question!

kshock
12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Did the horse leave a mess in the yard?

jsizemore
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
She just wanted you to admire her ride.

rockrat
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I think in her earlier years, she WAS a blond, and from a certain state West of me, you know the one that borders the Pacific.

Before you CA guys give me grief, know that I am a CA native son, so that gives me license:):)

Nope, her horse did its thing in the neighbors yard :):). Poetic justice, as their dog thinks my yard is its bathroom

nfg
12-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Would you have rather her ride up and stick a gun up your nose and pull the trigger....here's YOUR sign...can you read it? Jezzzz Now you know why the term "POSTAL" came about...

swheeler
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Sounds like the lady was trying to be neighborly, not a bad thing at any time of the year.

DLCTEX
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I knew a fellow who cured his neighbors dogs from using his yard as a bathroom. He put up an electric fence and wired it to a switch inside to turn on when the dogs came his way. Didn't take long.

colt 357
12-13-2011, 12:52 AM
nope hanging new street lights. got some blue ones for a runway after i get the streets lights up heres your sign.

nvbirdman
12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
No, I'm finally getting around to taking last years lights down.

home in oz
12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
You are supposed to take lights down?

shdwlkr
12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
In this day and age to have a neighbor stop and ask a question as simple to answer as that one is a real nice day.
What would you have done if she had used her horse to help you see the finer side of a horses anatomy?
I have good neighbors they don't bother me and I don't bother them. We even wave at each other once in a while and not the single finger salute either. I do have one that lives down the street that when I am backing into my driveway and have the street almost blocked it is their job to lay on the horn to let me know I slowed them down on the way home to go sit in front of the TV.

P.K.
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
You know , the Jeff Foxworthy thing

Wife and I were hanging Christmas lights on the tree in front and the neighbor lady comes riding by on her horse.

She stops and asks "are you hanging Christmas lights"?

Had to bite my tongue to not say "here is you sign! Or the second thing that came to mind was "no these are mininature antipersonnel mines, Santas' reindeer left a mess in the yard last year, gonna put an end to that"

But I was nice and said that "trying to get some up while the weather is nice"

Neighbor just looked and said "Oh, that nice" and went down the road. Wife looked at me and I said to her that I need to make a sign for the neighbor. She just laughed and told me I must have been reading her mind, because she thought the same thing!!

Neighbor lady, "Another bunch of weirdo's...Why hang lights? Santa knows where my house is." Or hang out the welcome mat to theives....We have more than enough, so much so we decorate!

My .02 ;-)

Artful
12-15-2011, 12:51 AM
You are supposed to take lights down?

I put cup hooks up way under the eve's and another cup hook down on the edge.
use rope lights takes maybe 15 min to put them up as I can reach the lower set with a ladder and the upper set provides light year round.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/rowdyfisk/2011%20Christmas/P1000744.jpg

you can only see the lower set from the street
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/rowdyfisk/2011%20Christmas/P1000746.jpg

firefly1957
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Answers to question $1 Correct answers $5 but dumb looks are still free!

ole 5 hole group
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Where I currently live a neighbor walking by would probably ask the same question and after getting an answer would probably offer to help.

When it snows there’s a few of us that have snowblowers and we always help those struggling folks shoveling their driveway and sidewalk and we don’t ask first – just do it, wave after everything is cleaned up and move on.

Friendly neighbors are always welcome and I don’t mind one bit if they are a half bubble off, as according to the war department, I’m a little more than a half-bubble off.

Artful
12-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow, you remember when we didn't have a Defense Dept but a War Dept - that always made more scene to me, after all we do go to another country to make Defend we go to make war.

GT27
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Cut her a break... most of my neighbors don't even look up when passing,very little common sense,or common courtesy in the world anymore,shameful,it's all that separates us from the wild animals we hunt!:rolleyes: BTW,my cat and dog have more compassion than a lot of people with the sour puss faces that I have had the pleasure of not meeting!:bigsmyl2:

linotype
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
" I don’t mind one bit if they are a half bubble off, as according to the war department, I’m a little more than a half-bubble off."

Good one! I'm sure I fit that description. In fact, could givea new meaning to the term "spirit level".