PDA

View Full Version : Found a neat 22!

Four Fingers of Death
02-24-2007, 10:29 AM
I have been looking at the new Remington pump 22s on the shelf (mega dollars, but we are not to be trusted with semi-autos :(. Today I spotted a Browning pump gun with a crappy 3-9 Nykron scope on it. With a decent scope and my little light mounted on top of it and the portable battery pack, it will make a neat spotlighting rifle in the orchards and vineyards.

Serial number is 933XX. Any idea ow old it is? Not a prob either way, but I'm just curious.

It had the little forend with lots of sideways grooves.

The reciever either has had a dovertail machined on it or it came that way.

Mk42gunner
02-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Mick,

If this is the BPR I belive they were made in the 70's and 80's. I don't recall ever actually seeing one, but I would like to at least try one sometime.

Have fun with it,

Robert

Four Fingers of Death
02-27-2007, 06:56 AM
I remember seeing them the shops around that time, dear as poision, I couldn't afford one then. Mick.

MT Chambers
03-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Australia is different for sure, as is here in Canada, you can't use semis but, you can spotlight and hunt game in the dark? We use semis(for now) but shooting after dark is a def. no no with big fines if caught ,unless you are one of the continents orig. inhabitants.

MT Gianni
03-01-2007, 12:54 AM
It depends on the state and county, I shot a lot of rabbits and coyotes in a spotlight growing up in both ID and UT. Gianni.

onceabull
03-01-2007, 01:42 AM
MT Gianni: possibly had a chance at an Eastern Idaho rabbit stomp or three, also !! ? !! ? !! ? !! ? :roll: Onceabull

Four Fingers of Death
03-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Mostly shoot rabbits, hares, feral cats and foxes after dark, we wouldn't shoot roos because that's against the law :) Nothing like standing on the back of a 4wd truck hanging on for grim death while it screams across a paddock chasing a hare and trying not to fall over the top of the cabin as you blast the critter with the shotgun, or ghosting through a vineyard, orchard or farm with a 22 looking for those pesky rabbits or sitting in the dark whistling up a fox with your offsider's finger hovering over the button of the spotlight, then switching it on and blasting the lamb killer right between the eyes or maybe even headshooting bigger things with the 223 or 22/250! Capital F funnnnnnnnnnn!

Look me up it you guys are out this way, it's a whole heaping helping of fun!

Mick

Hairtrigger
03-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Tell me you bought that BPR!!
You will not regret that purchase

Four Fingers of Death
03-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Tell me you bought that BPR!!
You will not regret that purchase

What? Me resist a nice rifle? No way, I bought it a few moments after I saw it, just waiting for permits. Mick.