PDA

View Full Version : New articles from the master story teller - Jim Taylor

cbrick
12-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I have several articles by Jim Taylor (of Leverguns.com fame) in the article section of lasc.us. Been two or three years since I've heard from Jim until today, I recieved an email from Jim, he retired at the beginning of 2010 and moved to Mozambique, Africa where he is volunteering at an orphange & raising goats for milk & meat.

Jim's email included four new articles.

For those of you that look forward to new material from one of the real master story tellers you'll love these. "Ordeal on the Mountain" and "Lonesome trail" are two that ya just can't put down until finished.

http://www.lasc.us/ArticlesTaylorLeverguns.htm

Rick

Mk42gunner
12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Rick,

I'll get to them as soon as I can get the .pdf files downloaded, I have always enjoyed reading Mr. Taylors' articles.

Have I mentioned lately that I despise dial-up connections???

Robert

Piedmont
12-10-2011, 12:06 AM
So which of those are new? It seems I have seen them all before.

Jim Taylor is in the running for my favorite gun writer and he was hardly ever published. I think that is part of the reason his articles are so good. He only wrote stories he thought needed telling, rather than cranking them out for a paycheck. He also didn't own lots of guns. He had a few and actually used the things, sometimes for decades, and then he would tell you what he thought of them and at that point his opinion actually meant something. Good guy, always worth reading.

cbrick
12-10-2011, 12:21 AM
So which of those are new? It seems I have seen them all before.

Hhmmm . . . The 4 new articles could be the ones between these http://www.lasc.us/new-2.gif.

[smilie=s:

Rick

Johnk454
12-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Jim is an excellent storyteller and if you aren't careful, you might learn a thing or two without realizing it. He has a lot of knowledge and was constantly trying unusual things.

Exceptional shot with a handgun also.

Fair warning, tho - if you share a range with him and he offers one of his handguns to you... be advised, I don't think any of them will reach the 1lb mark on a trigger pull gauge.

mroliver77
12-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Rick,
Jim is a great guy! I went to a shoot one time where he was. He had the USFA Colt clone that was built for the "Shootist" society that I had seen in an article. He handed it to me and said "Try it out"! I was floored! It was a fine piece and yes it had a light trigger. :) He was bouncing cans around with very fast shooting with a 32.20 Marlin rifle. He is fast and can shoot!

I have read most everything he has written and really enjoy his stories!

When I went through my divorce and lost my oldest child in the middle of this mess he talked me through it and helped me see a future. What a guy!

He has a newsletter that he keeps us updated on what he and Twyla are doing in Africa . This is the websight if anybody is interested.
www.sarayuinternational.org
J

timkelley
12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I am not seeing the "NEW" tags on the Jim Taylor site.

cbrick
12-10-2011, 12:59 PM

I can't imagine why not? I just checked the link and they are there on my computer . . . Perhaps a screen setting on your computer? They are a GIF images and should show up on most any screen. I've looked at my site with Firefox and know that browser does some strange things to the look of my site, are you using Firefox?

Rick

MT Gianni
12-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Follow the linc to Cbrick's LASC site.

1Shirt
12-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Sure is hard to beat Taylor for common sense articles written for anyone with any commons sense.
1Shirt!:coffee:

timkelley
12-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I had the old page stuck in my browser. After I hit refresh I got them.

Catshooter
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
The man can write and write well, thanks I enjoyed them.

Cat

Matt_G
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you to Jim Taylor for writing them and to Rick for hosting them.
I enjoyed all four immensely. :drinks: